B1G recruiting rankings

Muck

Updated for NLOI day:

555vd0.png

I also added the other ACC teams that are rumored to be potential future members (well probably not NCSt).

And using Scout's rankings:

2poa4oy.png

I didn't go back & and check individual classes from each service so I don't know exactly who was counted or not to take account of the slightly different total numbers.

Look at the average rankings

We're in 3rd

If we are still that way when we have 25-27 I will be tickled pink

I believe you got your wish.

It's pretty interesting when looking at the total points because it gets a little more in depth than "hey, we're 3rd". 1 and 2 are in a league by themselves. We are in the next tier by ourselves; the rest of the conference is lumped pretty closely together (240 points separate 4 from 12).

While we would like to be in the Michigan/OSU realm, we are doing pretty decent compared to the conference aggregate. We are able to pull in those one or two difference-makers next year and we may close the gap.

EDIT: These scores are all according to Rivals

I would look at it this way... this class is likely to be a good class. We will not know for a while... probably 2-3 years. Where it sets against the rest of the B1G is yet unknown. It could be upper middle, and, if so, is not a step back (or forward) against our competition. What matters now is two things --- retention of the players we have and --- MOST IMPORTANTLY --- how well the coaches develop these players.

Recruiting is the starting point... coaching them up is the BIGGEST point. One w/o the other and there is little hope of winning regularity. You need both (the latter being the most critical). As for today... this class is unlikely to be a step backwards for NU relative to our B1G competition (in terms of raw talent)... whether it will result in a step forward depends on how well they are coached. NU did not have the talent of MU or OSU prior to today and, after today, still do not have that level of talent. The only way to beat those teams is to over-achieve --- that requires these kids being coached up hugely. The ball is in the coaches court...

• Fire 1

So we are 3rd...thats not bad at all. Just curious where we would be ranked in other conferences...i saw a similiar thread on another site that had us 8th in the SEC over last 5 years. We were 9th this year to the SEC according to Rivals.

Wish we were in the SEC instead of Big2/3...We would have a hard time but i like watching tough games not Indiana and such.

I understand why SEC teams schedule some creampuffs...they play by far in the toughest conference.

Just curious...a lot of fans say Bo is great and he's done great since he has been here. But what if we had been in the SEC and dropped a couple more games per year and maybe 3 more games in one of the years...Would Bo still be a good coach??

They did for a long time. You may want to check their fight song...

This. 'VT' is actually a relatively new branding effort that really got pushed in the 70/80's.

In fact when the University updated it's logo in the early 90's 'VT' was specifically left off because of concerns that people wouldn't connect it with the school.