Charlie Strong

husker_99

Also Chip Kelly first time HC at Oregon in 4 seasons to go 3 BCS bowls and plays for the National Championship.

Who do you think was running the offense before he toke over. It is no different then Boise St when Hawkins left and Peterson toke over. These coaches were the OCs of the teams they toke over.

He was also OC at New Hampshire. Difference between OC and HC. plus his recruits leave early and he already has his recruits in place so there was no dip in performance. Can't say that about Bo.

Oregon was good when he was the OC and running his offense, nothing changed when he took over for Belloti. He is still the play caller for them and will continue to be until he leaves.

He took over a program that was winning because he was apart of them winning. He didn't take over a program that was in shambles.

Also Chip Kelly first time HC at Oregon in 4 seasons to go 3 BCS bowls and plays for the National Championship.

Who do you think was running the offense before he toke over. It is no different then Boise St when Hawkins left and Peterson toke over. These coaches were the OCs of the teams they toke over.

He was also OC at New Hampshire. Difference between OC and HC. plus his recruits leave early and he already has his recruits in place so there was no dip in performance. Can't say that about Bo.

Oregon was good when he was the OC and running his offense, nothing changed when he took over for Belloti. He is still the play caller for them and will continue to be until he leaves.

He took over a program that was winning because he was apart of them winning. He didn't take over a program that was in shambles.

Our program wasn't in shambles. we were just terrible for 2-3 years. Now Bob Stoops took over a program that was in worse shape and in 2 years won a NC. that was his first HC job. quit acting like Bo took over a program that hadn't won a game. 5 years before stoops took over OU was 6-6,5-5-1 3-8,4-8,5-6.

Our program wasn't in shambles. we were just terrible for 2-3 years. Now Bob Stoops took over a program that was in worse shape and in 2 years won a NC. that was his first HC job. quit acting like Bo took over a program that hadn't won a game. 5 years before stoops took over OU was 6-6,5-5-1 3-8,4-8,5-6.

quit acting like Bo hasnt done anything here. Your arguement is stupid.

A. Good for Shawn Watson he got to create the offense he wanted instead of what Bo wanted fine by me our offense was just fine this year.

B. If there is any conference worse than the B1G, its the Big East. Louisville went 10-2 in the regular season just like Nebraska and didn't have to play in a CCG.

L'ville worst lost 45-26 to Syracuse. Other loss 23-20 OT to UConn. I wish we had those kind of losses.

If we played their schedule, I would hope we would never win by less than 20.

He hasn't to be honest. This isn't the 70's and 80's were winning 9-10 games a year was good. Too many bad programs are getting better and we are just in the same spot since when we were In the national championship game in 2001. We haven't won anything since 99 when we won the Big 12 Conference. We have won 5 national titles and many many conference titles. There is an expectation we should start winning some of those you know. The turnaround time for coaches now is about 4-5 years and if you don't produce then you get fired. If Notre Dame wins the championship even more pressure cause Notre Dame has been in the dumps for so long. Quit blindly backing Bo. He needs to be pressured to win. He claimed Nebraska was back. We aren't back. He said he didn't forget how to coach defense. His defense gets shredded by the better opponents. When we lose badly he doesn't understand. It gets tiring of hearing him say that. He's pretty much the only coach who says that.

A. Good for Shawn Watson he got to create the offense he wanted instead of what Bo wanted fine by me our offense was just fine this year.

B. If there is any conference worse than the B1G, its the Big East. Louisville went 10-2 in the regular season just like Nebraska and didn't have to play in a CCG.

L'ville worst lost 45-26 to Syracuse. Other loss 23-20 OT to UConn. I wish we had those kind of losses.

We did play their schedule and barely got by mediocre opponents. We only had a couple of tough tests. Outside of that the schedule was cake.

:facepalm:

so tell me how many conference titles have we won with Bo? how many BCS bowls have we made? how many have we won? you are putting too much stock in the 9 win year crap.

And your putting to much stock in Strong going to a BCS in his 3rd years while coaching in the big east...Look at his previous 2 yrs and tell me how GOOD he has done.

As far as him making the BCS...The sun can shine on a dogs ass every once in awhile.

Don't get me wrong...I think Strong is a good coach but to compare him coaching in the Big East to Bo coaching in the Big12 and B1G is a joke.

We did play their schedule and barely got by mediocre opponents. We only had a couple of tough tests. Outside of that the schedule was cake.

No.... No we didn't. Our schedule was 239587239563429 times more difficult than Louisville's, and just because you are shaded by negativity about Nebraska doesn't change that fact.

Bo is stubborn, we all know that. He hasn't learned as quickly as other first time coaches have. Still has a better winning percentage than most. Oregon was good before Kelley got there and he was their offensive coordinator. Different circumstances. I'm not saying I'm totally happy with how things have gone with Bo but, I do think it would be a mistake to fire him with a win percentage of 70%.

His winning percentage is fine but you can't keep taking massive beat downs and then not give the same to the other team. He doesn't fix turnovers and penalties. He can't adjust on the fly. I think Bo whether it's right or wrong is already judged on whether players would want to come to Nebraska and it seems the negativity with him yelling at Martinez at the A&M game still lingers.

The entire coaching staff has said they work on these things everyday in practice and for whatever reason they still mess up in games. Tim Beck has penalties in practice on Monday's for players that commit turnovers. I don't like it either but if this is true they are doing everything they can therefore it comes down to the players. And who's to say he doesn't adjust? Can you honestly say that no adjustments are being made. That first drive Wis. faked the jet sweep and ran it right up the middle for 7-8 yards. Later they actually handed off on the jet sweep but the defense bit on the inside fake. That was an adjustment but it didn't do any good.

:facepalm:

so tell me how many conference titles have we won with Bo? how many BCS bowls have we made? how many have we won? you are putting too much stock in the 9 win year crap.

And your putting to much stock in Strong going to a BCS in his 3rd years while coaching in the big east...Look at his previous 2 yrs and tell me how GOOD he has done.

As far as him making the BCS...The sun can shine on a dogs ass every once in awhile.

Don't get me wrong...I think Strong is a good coach but to compare him coaching in the Big East to Bo coaching in the Big12 and B1G is a joke.

So? what do we have to show for getting 9-10 wins a year? nothing. I would take lousy seasons if it meant we had good ones where we went to a BCS game.

No.... No we didn't. Our schedule was 239587239563429 times more difficult than Louisville's, and just because you are shaded by negativity about Nebraska doesn't change that fact.

I'm not negative just realistic. a good employer won't put up with mediocrity for long. why are you so intent on settling for it?

Bo is stubborn, we all know that. He hasn't learned as quickly as other first time coaches have. Still has a better winning percentage than most. Oregon was good before Kelley got there and he was their offensive coordinator. Different circumstances. I'm not saying I'm totally happy with how things have gone with Bo but, I do think it would be a mistake to fire him with a win percentage of 70%.

His winning percentage is fine but you can't keep taking massive beat downs and then not give the same to the other team. He doesn't fix turnovers and penalties. He can't adjust on the fly. I think Bo whether it's right or wrong is already judged on whether players would want to come to Nebraska and it seems the negativity with him yelling at Martinez at the A&M game still lingers.

The entire coaching staff has said they work on these things everyday in practice and for whatever reason they still mess up in games. Tim Beck has penalties in practice on Monday's for players that commit turnovers. I don't like it either but if this is true they are doing everything they can therefore it comes down to the players. And who's to say he doesn't adjust? Can you honestly say that no adjustments are being made. That first drive Wis. faked the jet sweep and ran it right up the middle for 7-8 yards. Later they actually handed off on the jet sweep but the defense bit on the inside fake. That was an adjustment but it didn't do any good.

I don't believe Bo anymore cause it's always the same sh#t after every game. We've had problems with years with turnovers and penalties. No I can't say adjustments aren't being made but adjustments make things better that's why they are called adjustments. but if adjustments are being made why do they always fail with our team?