2012 Improvements Hard to Swallow - A glass half empty view

You point out Ganz's interceptions even though he threw three less of them and threw two more TD's? When I look at the stats, I see Ganz having a much better shot at single season records. Keller gained 7.45 yards per attempt while Ganz gained 9.44 yards per attempt. From what I remember Keller being famous for while being here at NU was throwing out in the flat to Lucky.

I'm not going to compare total number of TD's and INT's, because they played different amounts of games and we resembled a normal offense with some balance under Keller. Joe threw for 510 yards and 7 touchdowns against Kansas State...Sam would never be able to have games like that, not due to lack of talent, but because he would never have the playcalls to accomplish it. Anyways, we're making a mountain out of a molehill. I just don't see why he gets ragged on so much - he was good.

No big deal, I think Keller was good, but I had bought into the hype he was going to be GREAT. That obviously is different for every person, but I just seem to remember Keller as a disappointment. The stats do surprise me though. I had no idea he threw for that many yards prior to getting hurt. Your point about Billy pulling out all the stops for Ganz is also valid as well. Good perspective. Thank you.

The biggest concern I have going into next year is continuing to hear about all this talent we'll see on the field next year. Cody Green was at one time heralded the next Tommie Frazier. Until this said talent actually sees the field, I'm a bit reserved. I just can't think we'd redshirt this much talent if they could have helped on the field this year. I'm not saying the cupboards are bare, but I'm not overly convinced they're as stacked as some are implying.

I think we will have the talent needed for a great run next year, but I don't believe we will have "great" depth in talent. DL we will be a couple injuries away from moving DE's for DT's again. The only positions I see us being covered on the defense, are LBs and DBs. Safety is still an unknown, and the heath of our DE/DTs are unknown. Right now, we are mostly healthy. Valentine, Curry, Randle and Williams are all healthy and expected to play next year. I just hope they can stay healthy and give us what we lacked this year, consistency.

As for Green, I was never sold on him. I was sold on Carnes, but with his inability to adapt to understand the defenses and understand how to run the offense under Beck, I was disappointed. He is a great QB, and I was impressed with him in the 2011 Spring Game. Thats as far as it got though lol.

Count me as another one on Green. I do however have a feeling about Armstrong for some reason. I think he could become another great QB for us.