Husker 2013 Pro Prospects

zoogs

I'm actually wondering if they might switch him back to Offensive Tackle

I have heard rumblings of this as well. It's interesting, if I had to guess I don't think they do that. But I still think he would be successful regardless of o-line or d-line. I played with him in high school his senior year when I was on the scout team defense and he used to obliterate me in practice when he was an Offensive Guard pulling outside on those kickout blocks.

am I being too optimistic in thinking that Baker has a real shot to go anywhere in the 3rd-5th rounds? I'm going off a feeling that he will test very well at the combine/pro-day and he has great size to go up against NFL O-linemen.

if he test well than he might have a shot all the nfl scouts seem to care about these days is your 40 time and how many reps you do in the bench press all it takes is one team to fall in love with his numbers

OOops I forgot Martin in my list. I think Rex in the 4th round is a great value. I think he should be a 3rd rounder. He doesn't have top end speed but neither did Emmit Smith. Rex is versatile I think he makes it. I agree that Reed could be the biggest steal. He's an Hback so needs to be in that type of system. Although, if Niles Paul can stick as a TE, I think Reed can as well. I could see teams trying to switch Baker to offense. It's possible.

am I being too optimistic in thinking that Baker has a real shot to go anywhere in the 3rd-5th rounds? I'm going off a feeling that he will test very well at the combine/pro-day and he has great size to go up against NFL O-linemen.

if he test well than he might have a shot all the nfl scouts seem to care about these days is your 40 time and how many reps you do in the bench press all it takes is one team to fall in love with his numbers

Yeah this was my thinking. Testing well does wonder for your draft stock i.e. Fabian Washington. In high school Baker was running 4.8-4.9 range but I have no clue what he'd run now. And he's always had a powerful upper body and could bench like a gorilla; just a guess here, I think he could realistically post top 5 Bench numbers for DT's at the combine. Sure did suck to see him get injured as he was ramping up the production and disruption.

OOops I forgot Martin in my list. I think Rex in the 4th round is a great value. I think he should be a 3rd rounder. He doesn't have top end speed but neither did Emmit Smith. Rex is versatile I think he makes it. I agree that Reed could be the biggest steal. He's an Hback so needs to be in that type of system. Although, if Niles Paul can stick as a TE, I think Reed can as well. I could see teams trying to switch Baker to offense. It's possible.

I'm thinking it's not that likely Martin would stick in the league as a defensive lineman. It seems he'd go back to being a linebacker full-time, if a team can get him to shed 15-25 pounds. 6-2 is not going to cut it at DE in the NFL. I think if he loses the weight and becomes an OLB he'll have much more longevity in the league and have good production.

rex is going to be a hell of steal no matter where he goes, because he could be of late first-round early second-round value but will likely get drafted 4th-6th round. His final performance erased any lingering doubts I had about his NFL prospects. That dude turned on the jets against Georgia and showed his top-end speed, I haven't seen him run faster, save for the Southern Miss game. He consistenly juked on a dime, spun out of tackles, carried the pile extra 3-4 yards, and flat outran a defense that was supposedly laden with NFL-ready top-round talent. I am hoping fervently that he gets drafted by New England because I think Bill Belichick would use him brilliantly and better than anyone else in the league. Plus how awesome would it be to see him line up potentially with North Platte's finest, Danny Woodhead?

Kyler Reed aka Speed Reed will also be a steal. I like Bill Belichick drafting this one earlier than most project, I think it could be as early as 3rd or 4th round. He came to Lincoln last year and no doubt took a look at Kyler. He has all the makings of another Aaron Hernandez or Vernon Davis. Davis and Kyler Reed are the only tight ends I can think of that run 4.3 40's.

Stafford and Compton could be anywhere from 5th round to Undrafted Free agents, although I think it's more likely they both get drafted. I'll say Stafford 5th round, Compton 6th round. Ben Cotton I'm going to lean free agent signee but could be 7th round. As for Maher, I have no clue what the demand is for kickers this year so I have no way to form a guess. Meredith, PJ Smith, Mangieri all will likely go undrafted but get looks in a camp somewhere.

I only feel confident saying Baker, Rex, and Kyler are locks to get drafted.