Big 12 north - Wide open.

HSKRNOKC

Wow FF, when you post, you never do bother to do research. 

I guess you missed the quote where I said

"Im not saying that they will win it, its way too early to tell, need to see schedules, how the year plays out, etc. "

Do you even bother to read the post, or are you really that annoyingly ignorant???? :dumdum

Barely, and only by a dropped ball

Doesn't matter if you win by a blocked field goal, a punt/kickoff return for a touchdown, or a 2 point conversion. It doesn't matter if NU won by 1 point or 30 points. A win is a win and all that matters is a W in the win column because that's ALL that matters.

Point being, ISU came damn close to winning that game, as close as NU came to winning the Tech game. If that game is played in Ames, where NU hasnt played well recently, and NU doesnt have their "7-10 point home field advantage" NU doesnt win.

ISU gets NU in Ames which is huge, cause NU hasnt fared too well in the past couple of meetings there

What does next year have to do with now? You said "AT THIS POINT".

Uhh, genius :dumdum I believe that this whole thread is about how the North shakes down next year :wacko:

At this point doesn't mean next year.
Since you obviously have no idea what youre talking about, and just running around in circles like a chicken with its head cut off, the "at this point" quote meant that it was a brief analysis made (get with me here) AT THIS POINT ie, with further analysis more in depth analysis needed, such as looking at schedules, seeing how each team plays through spring ball, see how they fill holes.

If you want to hold that against Callahan because his hands are tied, go for it, but we all know Zac Taylor would rip ISU a new one if they played right now.

The same way that they ripped KU a few weeks ago???? If you want to try to bring up facts vs opinion, post some facts that support this wacked opinion. :dumdum

they should have alot of their offensive firepower back next year,

A team needs offense and defense to win games. They lose pretty much their whole defense if not all of them (if the other 3 go to the Draft)

No kidding :dumdum If it werent for NU's D, they would have lost every game this year. And NU really doesnt return any "firepower" on its offense for next year. Herian and Swift are about as good as NU has for playmakers looking into next year. That could change, somebody could step up, but that is how it looks at this point.

and they have a better coaching staff

They do? If Iowa St's coaching staff is better, PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW .

Gee I dunno :wacko: McCarney took a team that was one of the bottom feeders and turned them into a team that contends for the North title and bowl every year.

billy c took a team that challenged for the North title every year and had a bowl game a lock every year, won conference and national titles, to a team that is peeing on itself to go to a bowl game, and one that has some of its fans dancing in the streets after one good game in 2 seasons.

You do the math! Oh no, wait, we know how that would turn out :dumdum I'll simplify it for you, ISU has been better since McCarney was hired, and NU has gotton worse since billy c.

Is it in terms of recruiting (doubtful).
Wow, so billy c had one highly rated class. It doesnt mean that he has developed them, it doesnt mean tht he has gotten the most out of those players. Im betting he wont.

So what is it Formerfan, please entertain the board with an explaination of what slight edge it is ISU has that NU lacks. This is the second time i am asking you to explain how and i am guessing you will not provide any info to back up your claim other then providing an opinion. We all know what opinions are like.

That hilarious coming from a guy who posts such things as "be looking for a commit in the coming week, but I wont get into names, positions or ratings" or "anybody got a cowbell" and when one does commit you start posting a "see, I told you so" and when a guy doesnt, its conveniently forgotton.

Just go back to posting your "facts" about how skirmishes are started over non-existant logos on fields, or giving NC to coaches that have never won them (Tuberville). :dumdum

It would be great if you two could both post in a thread without it turning into a pissing match.

All i ask for is facts, FF decides to begin the insults and taking sentences and breaking then up and twisting peoples words around. I have no problem disagreeing with someone as long as they can back up the post with some 411 but his ignorant posts just make me feel sorry for him. What can i say, i feel sorry for people who lead a negative life.

AGAIN Formerfan has yet to provide any documented facts to backup his post. He continues to say the ISU coaching staff is better, yet he can't provide any facts as to how they are.

He's quick to say "ISU could have won if it was in Ames", but quickly points out "oh well, Billy C lost the Tech game and that's all that matters". Ironic how NU can win a game barely against ISU, yet NU didn't barely beat Tech and all that matters to him is the L in the W/L column. It's called being a hipocrit

Or the fact he is willing ignore the fact ISU got ripped in it's rear end by Baylor at HOME. Baylor for crying out loud that isn't even bowl eligible yet KANSAS is. The same KANSAS team that beat ISU that he continues to bitch about.

Yet he can easily come up with a convienent excuse and tell u the sky is green when it's blue. Dillusional opinions like his are ignorant and it got boring a long time ago.

Both NU and ISU return 9 offensive starters including the QBs. NU returns 7 starters on defense whereas ISU returns 4. The other element that is critical is returning former injured starters. Herian, Bradley & Octavien will really impact the existing squad, in my opinion.

Secondly the potential MO coaching change may not be one for Barnett. He is being investigated on other charges currently and that may take time,as well as, taint his acceptance with the UM administration. A delay will hurt recruiting, as a new coach, if there will be one, must come onboard immediately with staff to foolow up on potential recruits.

I'm already looking forward to going down to Ames and watching the Huskers spank the clones and help reclaim the dominance of years past!

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

When was the last time the huskers spanked the clones in Ames?? What on earth makes ya think it'll happen next year?

:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2

but we all know Zac Taylor would rip ISU a new one if they played right now.

:wtf How do you know that? That's why they play the games. dedhoarse

As long as we are fantasizing, I think the clones would win easily if the game was replayed. It took double overtime and a career record day from Zac to do it in Lincoln (without Hicks).

:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum

but we all know Zac Taylor would rip ISU a new one if they played right now.

:wtf How do you know that? That's why they play the games. dedhoarse

As long as we are fantasizing, I think the clones would win easily if the game was replayed. It took double overtime and a career record day from Zac to do it in Lincoln (without Hicks).

:dumdum:dumdum:dumdum

Well, maybe we could replay it with the team that showed up at CU too? Anyway, Nebraska made the plays when they needed to, despite killing themselves time and time again in that game, and guess what?? we won! hmmm, yeah you're done.

yeah you're done.

I was addressing the fantasy re-play victory of NU over the Clones and stating fact, not opinion, that it took a double overtime and CAREER day by Taylor to beat the clones in Lincoln without Hicks. Just a plain fact of what actually happened. No woulda, coulda, shoulda involved. The loss to NU is historical fact. However, the fantasy game is up for grabs.

If you want to talk about improvement, the margin of victory by NU in Lincoln over ISU decreased from their last meeting. 2005 was as close to beating NU in Lincoln as the Clones have come.

To say that ANYONE KNOWS that NU would win a replay is pure fantasy. I can fantasize as well as anyone! dedhoarse

:wtf Since the REAL game won't be played till next year (in AMES), I guess I'll be done then.

Thanks for playing! :dumdum:wasted:dumdum

With the retirement of Bill Snyder and the apparent firing of Gary Barrnett, Callahan moves up the seniority chain among coaches in the north.

This is the perfect opportunity IMO for Callahan to step up and take control of the vulnerable north. Two of our biggest division rivals are going through a coaching change. Pinkle in Mizzou isn't on the steadiest of ground either.

The north is ripe for the taking next year. I hope that we are up to the challenge. If so it could be the beginning stages of ,"Restoring the order" to coin a phrase. :thumbs

:horns:horns2:cheers:power:restore2

I'm definitely lookingforward to next year

As for the 'Clones...

They lost to NU this year, and it may very well happen again this year.

IN my mind, a close victory, by either team, doesn't show one as being overtly better than the other. Personally, I wouldn't mind it coming down to ISU and NU for the North championship next year, I'd rather see ISU win it than CU, or anyone else in the north. Besides NEBRASKA, of course

:restore

All i ask for is facts, FF decides to begin the insults and taking sentences and breaking then up and twisting peoples words around. I have no problem disagreeing with someone as long as they can back up the post with some 411 but his ignorant posts just make me feel sorry for him.

Facts to back up a general statement that is opinion??? If you want me to explain with certain reasons why I made such a prediction, and discuss those, Id be happy to :wtf Its an opinion because its not a fact, get it :dumdum I feel sorry for you because you dont have the intellectual ability to understand that. I made a general statement that many (including myself) feel that ISU will challenge for the North in 06. Its not a fact as was never stated as such, just like anyone who predicts the winner of the Rose Bowl is not predicting facts. Do you even come close to understanding the difference??? :dumdum

What can i say, i feel sorry for people who lead a negative life.

Im neither positive, nor negative, its called reality. Some things are good, some are bad, life is not all roses and daisies. I used to feel sorry for people who blow sunshine up their own asses every day to get through the life, because they cant deal with reality, and we normally hear about them on the news.

He continues to say the ISU coaching staff is better, yet he can't provide any facts as to how they are.

Lets see, McCarney took a team that hadnt been to a bowl since the 78 Hall of Fame Bowl, to bowls in 00,01,02,04, and 05. And billy c took a team that had been to 35 bowl games in a row, to their first losing/non bowl season in 35 years. ISU is currently 70th in total offense, 48th in scoring, while NU is 95th in total offense, and 76th in scoring, even with the "WCO, offensive 'genius'" billy c as head coach. BTW, Barneyball has only been at ISU for as long as the WCO has been at NU, and ISU doesnt have as much talent as NU.

McCarney-Big12 coach of the year once (2004) billy c-0. (Side note Solich won it twice 99/01 :thumbs )

Much better than the "facts" that you posted about how NU went 17-12 in 02 and 03 (yet they only played 27 games in those 2 years). Or the "fact" that you posted about how Auburn won a NC under Tuberville.

He's quick to say "ISU could have won if it was in Ames", but quickly points out "oh well, Billy C lost the Tech game and that's all that matters". Ironic how NU can win a game barely against ISU, yet NU didn't barely beat Tech and all that matters to him is the L in the W/L column. It's called being a hipocrit

No, its called taking your own rediculously ignorant statement and turning it around to use it as an argument against yourself. You fell for it hook, line and sinker. :rollin:rollin As I figured, youre not smart enough to realize that I just played you like a fiddle.

Or the fact he is willing ignore the fact ISU got ripped in it's rear end by Baylor at HOME. Baylor for crying out loud that isn't even bowl eligible yet KANSAS is. The same KANSAS team that beat ISU that he continues to bitch about.
Well at leat ISU showed up for the KU game. Lets put it in perspective, its the same ISU team that was a stumble on the turf and a dropped INT away from beating NU.

Yet he can easily come up with a convienent excuse and tell u the sky is green when it's blue. Dillusional opinions like his are ignorant and it got boring a  long time ago.
Thats funny, tell me again the story about the pre-game activities in Boulder?? :rollin:rollin

Hey..just a FYI for you. Next time you want to express an opinion, make sure you use the words "In my opinion" and if that's to much for you to type out, here is an abbreviation "IMHO".

If you are saying you think the ISU coaches are better then the NU coaches based on an opinion, that's fine i will accept that because i know you don't know better. If you are going to say ISU has an edge over NU because of 1 point or 2 (ISU is currently 70th in total offense, 48th in scoring) and not a comprehensive breakdown comparing the whole stats and not just 2 stats, i will even accept that because you are to lazy to do the research. If you think just because ISU has a leg up on 1 or even 2 stats over NU is enough to give them an edge, that's your OPINION, and nothing more (which quite frankly isn't worth much). If you want to take a comparison in overall stats, then ISU wouldn't come close (don't believe me, do the research, or is that asking to much).

You even admitted teams can't win without a defense and if ISU is behind NU in sacks, tackles for a loss, interceptions just to start off with and they lose 7 of 11 starters for next year that makes it even more laughable. Quite frankly, any logical husker fan would take our defense over ISU's offense next year.

I never argued that ISU wont challenge for a title next year. Hell even KANSAS will challenge for it next year, so what's your point? It doesn't matter if ISU challenges or not, they won't do anything when they kickoff the Big12 against 4 heavyweights (Texas, OU, Tech, NU) and also have to travel to Kansas St and Colorado who will have new head coaches. If ISU starts off 0-4, they are done, period. Willing to put money on it, are you?

I used to feel sorry for people who blow sunshine up their own asses every day to get through the life, because they cant deal with reality, and we normally hear about them on the news.

NU beat ISU. That's a reality. ISU lost to Baylor at home. That's a reality. ISU blew a second consecutive chance to go to a Big12 title game. That's a reality. You are the one who can't deal with reality by continuing your whole "they barely beat ISU". Who gives a rats ass if it's barely or not. REALITY (follow along) is, NU has the W and ISU has the L. And you say i can't grasp reality? Who is the one who can't grasp the meaning of NEBRASKA WON PERIOD.

Lets see, McCarney took a team that hadn't been to a bowl since the 78 Hall of Fame Bowl, to bowls in 00,01,02,04, and 05. And billy c took a team that had been to 35 bowl games in a row, to their first losing/non bowl season in 35 years

Ahh i see..so you are going to use Mac's record in the past. Try this one on for size. Billy C (as you keep referring to him) has a winning record. Mac doesn't. Callahan is in his second year, Mac is in his 10th year (when Callahan has coached 10 years, then come compare what MAC does to Callahan did). Here's another reality for you. Bill C has gotten NU back into a bowl game. If you want to hold on to last year and use it as your only source of ammo, good luck, let me know how that works out for you. 90% of Husker fans realize it's 2005, not 2004.

Or the "fact" that you posted about how Auburn won a NC under Tuberville.

Man, you are grasping for air aren't you. Keep holding on to that Auburn thing. Ironically you still can't figure out that anything between ( ) is considered an opinion. What's even more funny is your use of ( ) in your posts to express additional OPINIONS. But hey, i guess it's ok for you to use parenthesis to express an opinion but when i do, i am supposedly stating facts.

parenthesis – the punctuation marks ( ) used to enclose your own explanatory materials in a phrase or sentence of your own; use sparingly

That is a simple 12th grade English Glossary explanation taught at the HIGHSCHOOL level.LINK

Carry on with your OPINION :dumdum