Boston Marathon Bombings for dummies

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/16/steve-king-boston-bombings_n_3092929.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

The Boston Marathon bombings show that immigration reform could endanger the public, Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) said Tuesday, speculating that the attack might have been perpetrated by an immigrant. In fact, law enforcement authorities have not named any suspect so far.

"Some of the speculation that has come out is that, yes, it was a foreign national and, speculating here, that it was potentially a person on a student visa," King said to the National Review's Robert Costa. "If that's the case, then we need to take a look at the big picture."

Good old Steve King, at it again.

http://www.salon.com...white_american/

morons from both sides should just SThU(h=heck)

The difference being that the Salon writer isn't a United States Congressman.

I do agree that morons from either side need to shut up but IMO one party (at the moment) contains a lot more crazy at the highest levels. Neither party has a monopoly on stupid . . . but choosing leaders like Michele Bachman, Herman Cain, Steve King, and Sarah Palin hints that one party has pulled out ahead in this race. Some of this is probably a backlash to not having a majority in the Senate or control of the White House. Craziness is more tolerable from the minority party.

Edit: What I was trying to say above is that I don't think that craziness is endemic to the Republican Party. It's fueled by a lot of different things at the moment: a recession, a non-white president, being the minority party for years, etc. Although I didn't follow politics nearly as closely at the time I do remember hysteria about George W. Bush. I (even more vaguely) remember hysteria and conspiracies about Bill Clinton.

Steve King has to be one of the dumbest, most idiotic individuals ever to serve in the United States Congress. This thread is really meant to address transcendent stupidity that is Steve King, rather than anything from one side or the other.

I sees yur politician and raises u:

http://cnsnews.com/n...gun-legislation

sorry, nothing yet from her about the bombing that I know of. :D but she prolly doesn't chew gum and walk at the same time.

Have you seen the full statement? I haven't and I couldn't find it. Post it if you can find it.

It definitely sounds stupid but my eyebrows go up when the video starts and stops with basically one line that may or may not be in context. Don't blame the gangbangers for what? What did she say before she said "Don't blame the gangbangers . . ."?

KING: When the legislation that passed in the farm bill that says that it’s a federal crime to watch animals fight or to induce someone else to watch an animal fight but it’s not a federal crime to induce somebody to watch people fighting, there’s something wrong with the priorities of people that think like that.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/31/steve-king-dogfighting_n_1725776.html

Better yet was when he tried to explain his answer on dog fighting.

"We need to respect humans more than we do animals. Whenever we starte elevating animals to above that of humans, we've crossed a moral line. For example, say there's a sexual predator out there has impregnated a young girl, say a 13 year old girl, and it happens in American more times than you and I'd like to think. That sexual predator could pick that girl up off the playground at the middle school, and haul her across the state line, and force her to get an abortion to eradicate the evidence of his crime, and bring her back and drop her off at the swingset. And that's not against the law in the United States of America."

Wait... what part of that scenario ISN'T against the law?