Grade NU's class

How do you grade NU's class of '04  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I went with a C, but Id have to put a + next to it. Dont think it was much better than a little above average. You have to grade the class overall, not just what they produced the past 3 wks, even though they were handicapped. B/c Callahan may not realize it (Im sure he does, who am I), but he already fell short of the very precedent that he set for himself, which was impossible to achieve, at least this year. Next yr will be real interesting. But like Eric said, the time is now, and we have to work with what we have. No excuses. That would be a good slogan for 2004.

I completely agree. Here's a twist for you: I know if I were a player rated only a 3 stars or even 2, I would be real anxious to crack a few 4's and 5's. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Big Red Football is about so much more than the number of stars next to a kids name. I know Nebraska Football to be about heart, toughness, desire, and pride. These are the elements I hope will never leave our program. No disrespect fellas, but here's something interesting in 2003 our recruiting class was rated above MO and K.ST so either we've got some studs ready to break out or the rankings don't really mean a whole lot. I think if you mix the above mentioned characteristics + some good coaching = winning! NO EXCUSES!

Very good points. I am real excited about this recruiting and coaching class to see if they can fill the large Big Red shoes left behind by some legends! I think they are up to the task. This will be a great year and I agree with CalHusker about the formula for success. Go Big Red!!!