Delaney Proposes NCAA Reforms

Mavric

I've changed my mind somewhat on this too. And I'll be surprised if the NCAA doesn't lose a good chunk of their argument in the lawsuit so something is probably going to change.

I can see giving them some decent "stipend" but I'm not sure where that line will be. The really interesting thing will be to see how it ends up having to apply to other sports. I'm sure it will never fly to only pay football and men's basketball players so do you have to give something to every athlete? The same to every athlete, regardless of sport? That could really start to undo a lot of the parity that has come about in the last 20+ years with scholarship limits and such.

I think this is Delaney's motivation, or at least part of it. This would favor Nebraska and the B1G greatly.

While bringing college football one more giant step closer to being as boring as the NFL.

I don't know if I agree with that. I believe that one of the many things that make College Football great are the perennial power schools. People want to see those match ups, and when those powers are irrelevant it takes away from the sport. In the NFL there are too many checks and balances to force parity.

In the NFL there are too many checks and balances to force parity.

And that's why it makes way more money than everyone else.

Fair point. I guess you could also argue that the increased parity in CFB has generated more money and interest on the whole, as the fanbases at places like Boise State have become more robust, perennial doormats have had their day in the sun, etc. It just kind of sucks for certain schools like Nebraska or Penn State, that have been on the losing end of parity.