Recruiting or Player Development?

The real problem is unrealistic fan expectations.

Comparing a post Callahan Nebraska trying to rebuild its image to Devaney and Osborne in their prime.

Expecting a defense full of true freshman to play like seasoned veterans in their first college game with just a few weeks of practice.

Comparing a close, hard fought game against a plucky Wyoming to Wisconsin and Michigan rolling FCS squads; and wondering why we didn't do the same against a tougher team.

i don't think anyone thinks Bo should have this program rolling like devaney or Osborne did in just his 6th year but if you were to ask me when he was hired did I expect a conference title after 6 years I think most of us would have said yes, also its his fault that he is forced to play so many unprepared freshman because of failures in past recruiting classes, and lastly neither Michigan or Wisconsin played FCS schools this week they played teams from non BCS conferences that had bad years the season before just like we did

I just don't remember reading how much all of you thought Nebraska was going to struggle with Wyoming. If the average idiot Husker fan like myself had just heard the words of some of you to temper expectations it might have helped. I mean, you guys saw it coming all along, for the life of me I never heard a single one of you before the game say how we should expect Wyoming to put 600 plus yards on us.

So now that we have it straight, we average Husker fans should expect a tough couple of years now until these freshmen grow up. Maybe by their junior and senior years huh?

Maybe next time you give us the heads up before the fact huh? For fux sake what a joke.....

You can go read Paul and my posts in one of the threads one of the Wyo people started.