Ticket Etiquite 101: Question:

Kiyoat Husker

So I am a Husker fan, but am an alum of USD (South Dakota). I have a good friend who is a rabid Montana Grizz fan, and an alum of that school. We met at Iowa State getting our Master's degrees together. This year Montana plays USD in the DakotaDome (near me), and I want to get tix for my friend and me. He is psyched.

So my question is this:

Get tix in the visitor's section or nearby? I figure that being outnumbered, he will want to sit near the other MT fans. But should I get tix IN the visitor's section?

I took a Wyoming alum friend of mine to the game last week. He didn't mind being the only one in yellow in our section. He did get quite the look from the guy in front of us when he cheered a late Cowboy TD. But I just wanted to tell the guy "if you don't want him to cheer, maybe we should play better."

Go sit among the Coyote Crazies! I say sit with the visitors, just because knowing USD half of the home crowd will leave at halftime even if the Yotes are winning.

Yeah, and If I remember correctly, the student section leaves even before that! (can't lose that buzz...) Kind of sad when you compare to the more loyal Jackrabbit fans. Oh well, maybe a little success will change it a little. I was in the marching band for a couple of years, and we were pretty ghetto about harassing the visiting team (band sits at the 50 yard line). The team loved us!

Thanks both of you for the advice. I think I'll just ask my friend where he wants to sit.