Callahan not worried about decommit

If you need an example of Beck being a team player and not a high maintenance player, just look at the fact that he gave up his redshirt to win the K-state game. I doubt you would have ever seen Freeman or his father let him do that. Beck want's to help the team, and if it costs him a redshirt for only 10-15 plays then so be it. You have to love his attitude.

Also lets not forget he turned away Spurrier. That's quite a statement in your commitment.

I hate to bring up the old option days, but does any one remember how many scholarship QB's we had during TO's first NC run. "2" Frazier and Berringer. Frazier goes down with blood clots in his leg, Berringer comes in and breaks a rib and has a colapsed lung, so Walk On Matt Turman comes in and plays very well.

What is to say that Joe Ganz wouldnt be able to fill in nicely if for some reason Taylor and Beck get hurt?

Another schollarship QB is a "nice to have" not a "need to have"

:) This is my first post. I am a die hard fan and have been since '70. The best way to describe what kind of fan I am: I was physically sick at the end of this years Pitt game. I have lived in Texas since '96, so I have watched Mack Brown compile great talent year after year. So, I think recruiting is very important and the reason for my input to this post.

When Coach Callahan was hired, he was described as a great recruiter and we would have to wait to see if he can coach them up. So far, IMO, he has lived up to his billing.

However, I do think there is something going on with the coaching staff that has not come out yet. At first I thought it might be that Coach Blake was leaving, based on prior rumors and the fact his name is not coming up in any of the commit's comments like it did last year. I remember last year that Coach Blake's name would surface whenever a 5* recruit commmitted to Nebraska. The aricle would mention how he was the lead recruiter in getting this recruit to commit to Nebraska. I just don't hear that this year. I hope that I am wrong, I would hate to lose Blake.

I hope that the feeling I am getting about the recruiting process this year is only that Downing is interviewing for head coaching positions. I would hate to lose him, but it sounds like he doesn't want to be here. So when he does leave, I vote we make Coach Blake the Recruiting Coordinator and the Highest paid assistant coach in the U.S. of A.

As far as losing recruits, it hurts. Period. But it happens. I am more concerned about the reason why. I don't think we will find out until after the Bowl game.

I will be at the Bowl game. I got to see the Huskers beat Baylor and now I am going to see them upset the mighty Wolverines.

Just my thoughts and opinions, I of course, could be wrong. BGR

I agree with you on that. Blake is a hell of a guy and is real as you can get when talking to parents and developing relationships with recruits.

make him recruiting coordinator and bring in the Peter brothers for D-line coach. just kidding.

but yes if Downing leaves then Blake should be the new Rec. Coord. along with Dline