Once a Husker.....always a Husker!

It's been a while since I visited Huskerboard! I had a couple of family health issues to deal with the past several months, but things have calmed down for a while, so thought I'd check things out! There are lots of familiar names and lots of new names too. Good to see you all! Seems we've all been disappointed especially this past weekend. I've been a fan since the late 60's so I know the ups and downs! I guess the older I get, the less angry I am. We loved listening to Lyle Bremser on the radio and how he described each play! We've been blessed with so many good players and coaches through the years. A lot of you probably don't remember those days, but they were good! Back to back National Championships! I have always been proud to be a Husker fan. Of course disappointed lots of times, but never ashamed to be a fan! I know I am just a dumb, old, female, but I will support this team unconditionally. I don't like the way some things have gone these past few years, and I have some opinions of my own. Those players don't want to lose! The coaches don't want to lose! I have been lucky enough to see lots of home games and several away games. Went to the Gator Bowl a few years ago. I wasn't too thrilled about joining the B1G, but living in Ohio, we've been to Michigan and Purdue to see games! Living in Buckeye country hasn't been so easy, but I still proudly wear my Husker clothes every chance I get. I'll be heading to Lincoln for the Michigan State game. It'll be the 10th "Mother-Daughter Football weekend"! My Mom is 82 and is one of the biggest Husker fans I know! Guess that's where I got it! Go Big Red!

• Fire 5

Right there with you OhioHusker. Remember my grandfather commenting how great it was we had a winning season back in the mid/early sixties. Just glad the years have added perspective so that the outcome on the field on any given Saturday doesn't effect my life for more than 10 minutes or so after the game clock expires. I love me some Husker Football. Always have, always will.

Welcome home OH, you were missed. I know what you are saying about not feeling quite so bad after losses, we've had some bad ones in the past. Losing to Minne-F'N-sota was real hard though. I live in Sioux Falls, SD and people here act like we are a suburb of Minneapolis and I hate it. For one thing we are stuck with the stinking Vikings every Sunday. Oh well its another Football Saturday and its a bad day for the Wildcats. T_O_B