2014 Starting Quarterback

i was hoping we weren't going to go full retard...

I know this has been brought up before, so I'll respectfully submit this. Perhaps you aren't aware, which is understandable, or you don't care, which is your choice. But the "R" word is every bit as detestable and socially unacceptable as the "N" word. Please seek to find a new insult, as there are a plethora to choose from that don't denigrate a whole segment of society. I work for an organization that provides supports for, and advocates for, those with intellectual challenges, so I am an avid participant in the campaign to eliminate this word from the public lexicon. I know we will not be successful, but I do ask for your help. Thanks.

I appreciate you being respectful about it (even though I wasn't) and am glad for the message.

I was annoyed and trying to get some laughs and attention with a funny, hip, clever movie reference. Literally the only time I can remember using that word in years, and it was in bad taste and I shouldn't have.

So, I"m not hip at all...what movie?

i was hoping we weren't going to go full retard...

I know this has been brought up before, so I'll respectfully submit this. Perhaps you aren't aware, which is understandable, or you don't care, which is your choice. But the "R" word is every bit as detestable and socially unacceptable as the "N" word. Please seek to find a new insult, as there are a plethora to choose from that don't denigrate a whole segment of society. I work for an organization that provides supports for, and advocates for, those with intellectual challenges, so I am an avid participant in the campaign to eliminate this word from the public lexicon. I know we will not be successful, but I do ask for your help. Thanks.

You sir.....God Bless you Grandpasknee. There are so many words to describe someone with the God given ability to use their mind, yet refuse to. That word describes someone who for whatever reason does not have the chance to enjoy that luxury that is taken so much for granted. The fool is the one given the tools, with no desire to use them. I too advocate anyone who cares to listen, just try...simply try to eliminate that word from use. And hey, if one person on this board gives this a second thought after reading this.....mission accomplished, one at a time.

Having seen Tommy play, I can't imagine why anyone would think this is a decided issue. Stanton had damn well better be given a legitimate opportunity to take the job. Let the best player play. This isn't a conversation about Tommy not deserving to be the starter because he had a bad game. Stanton will probably have a bad game, too, if given the chance. It's about answering the question in spring and summer: who is the best QB on the team? Answer it, play that person.