What does a loss mean to you.

I'm not even sure you can say we overachieved against Michigan. Given, it was at their house, which is indeed very imposing, especially for a freshman QB. But they're reeling-- they've lost 4 of their last 6--, needed 3 OT's to beat a bad NW team (isn't that the kettle calling the pot black, ***cough cough-- hail mary), and barely squeaked by Akron earlier this year. But furtheremore, I am REALLY FREAKING SICK of hearing statistics like "This is the first time team X has beaten Nebraska since _____" or "this is the most X given up by Nebraska since _____" after seemingly every loss. It's so bad it is literally breaking records and bucking trends that shouldn't have been bucked and thus haven't for a REALLY long time. Embarassed. JJ, at this point, I think it is time to look elsewhere if for no other reason than this team exhibits no type of continuity. I can put aside all the other crap. ALL OF IT. And yeah, there are positives. We've seen DAMN good defense this year at times and this team has shown more heart than any NU team I can remember during Bo's tenure here. They will not quit. But they are FAR too volatile to ever rise above the rank of bottom of the top 25 type team and stay there. They are not the same team week in and week out. And I do not know that Bo will ever get them. Stability and continuity are underrated, and if Bo cannot give us that, I do not think we can ever succeed to the level we all want.
Amen to that was going to start a topic on this very thing. The ones that bother me are the ones that began years ago, about 10. 1998 we lost to Oklahoma state, and they were quick to point out the last time Nebraska lost to OSU Lyndon Johnson was president.. or the blow outs, everybody keeps talking about Wisconsin last year but I remember Texas Tech 70-10 in 2006, Kansas 76-35 2007 and this year first time ever to lose to MSU had not lost to Minnesota since 1960 I could go on and on. Losing sucks period, if we play well and lose i can deal with that, but when we stink up the field i can not. This is not the Nebraska we knew 10 years ago and we may never get back the way things are going

I remember the last time we lost to Iowa -which is 30 plus years ago. It came in the fall of 1981 when we lost to a pretty good 8-4 Iowa team led by Phil Blatcher. We had Turner Gill, Mike Rozier, Roger Craig, Irving Fryar, and Anthony Steels that year. We had a great 9-3 team that enjoyed several blowout wins. That's what drew me to becoming such a big Nebraska fan. I loved the way they'd just beat Kansas 70-6 back then!