Macadamia Crusted Halibut/Pic

Roxy15

Macadamia Crusted Halibut:

4-(6-7-oz.)-Alaskan Halibut Filets

2 Cups Panko Bread Crumbs Or Sourdough

3 Cups Macadamia Nuts-(Ground In Food Processor)

1 lb. Salted Butter

4 T. Vegetable Oil

Bring butter to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly-(being careful not to let it boil over)-until all of the solids caramelize and the butter starts to turn a light brown color.

Turn off heat and stir occasionally until room temperature.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Toast bread crumbs and macadamia nuts in oven until golden brown.

Cool, then in a food processor-(or by hand)-chop the macadamia nuts and add half to the brown butter.

Mince the other half and mix with the toasted bread crumbs.

Turn oven up to 375 degrees.

Dredge the halibut in the bread crumb mixture and sauté in 2 T. of oil, two fillets at a time.

When golden brown on one side, finish in the oven approximately 5 minutes depending on the thickness of the filets.

When the halibut is cooked, lade brown butter mixture over the fish and serve.

***Make sure to stir butter mixture first.

I had that at Sedona, Az. 10-12 years ago when my son was attending the UofA. We took a side trip going home to Kali. Great fish with that crust.

Also tried salmon with pistachio crust very good also.

I'm sorry for your son and family that you had to go through that...UofA that is...had to be a terrible time.

I found this recipe on a web site and this is what it said about the recipe:

In Sacramento, CA there is a restaurant called Scott’s Seafood Bar and Grill with several locations. Two homes ago, we lived just around the corner from the Folsom location and dined there frequently. Scott’s is a wonderful restaurant and if you are ever in the Sacramento area you must try it. I highly recommend the Macadamia Crusted Halibut. This recipe features a halibut filet (not steak), pan fried, coated with panko bread crumbs and macadamia nuts then topped with browned butter. It is served with garlic mashed potatoes, green beans and julienne of carrots. It is delicious. If you happen to be at Scott’s on the night they feature caramel apple cheesecake for dessert, it is a must have!

As part of their Chef’s Recipe Series, Scott’s Seafood has shared the recipe for Macadamia Crusted Halibut. I have made it several times with great success. You can’t duplicate the ambiance of Scott’s but you can duplicate the halibut. I did tonight. Try it sometime. It is easy to prepare and has a unique taste.

• Fire 1