McKeon - Butkus

kramer

is the rumor mill going strong about dillard transfering? i have not heard anything like that until today. but i am away from any sorces.

i would hate to see him leave, maybe go to a 4 LB scheme and have him and McKeon in the middle.

have to wait and see.

maybe it will make him strive to work harder and get better. to bad we had the depth problem at LB this year or he might have been able to redshirt. but he could still redshirt in 06

May be the best Blackshirt LB in the last 10 years.

Yikes.

That Ruud guy was pretty good. Demorrio wasn't to bad either. McKeon will continue to improve so he may surpass these guys but not yet.

I agree. Ruud is atop the all time tackles list. If he's not the best Nebraska LB in the last 10 years, I don't know who is. Maybe not the most talented, but the stats don't lie. McKeon has a ways to go to be mentioned in the same breathe as Ruud, but he does have the potential.

i would hate to see him leave, maybe go to a 4 LB scheme and have him and McKeon in the middle.

Didn't we do this for one of the games this year. TTech maybe? It would be interesting to see, but usually you need a big time DT to plug the middle in a 3-4 defense, and I don't know if Ola, Cryer or Suh are ready for that sort of thing. Who knows.

Deas could be the monster DT necessary. I hope Dillard stays around to be one of the cornerstones of the linebacking corps. He had his chance to shine but failed to step up at times. The whiff against Kansas that allowed the KU RB a long run to break open a 17-15 game while he was in to give McKeon a breather comes to mind. McKeon is a very good player but not great yet. At least he is able to back up his mouth on the field and provides entertaining interviews.