Nebraska Ranked 10th Most Valuable College Team

I wanted to post this topic since it ties into some of the posts I've read from others in here that Nebraska may become or has become irrelevant on the college football national stage? Forbes has ranked Nebraska as the 10th most valuable team in college football with it's findings based on a team's value to it's athletic department, it's university's academic endeavors, it's conference, and it's local economy. Nebraska has $56 million in revenue for 2013 and $35 million of which is profit. And we look to be ranked higher once we begin to get our full share of conference revenue starting in 2017. Ohio State is ranked 9th but of course Texas is ranked 1st followed by Notre Dame at number two. Michigan is ranked 5th with Ohio State at 9th and Nebraska at number ten.

I think we are still very relevant as a national brand and will continue to be!

Go Big Red!!

I wanted to post this topic since it ties into some of the posts I've read from others in here that Nebraska may become or has become irrelevant on the college football national stage? Forbes has ranked Nebraska as the 10th most valuable team in college football with it's findings based on a team's value to it's athletic department, it's university's academic endeavors, it's conference, and it's local economy. Nebraska has $56 million in revenue for 2013 and $35 million of which is profit. And we look to be ranked higher once we begin to get our full share of conference revenue starting in 2017. Ohio State is ranked 9th but of course Texas is ranked 1st followed by Notre Dame at number two. Michigan is ranked 5th with Ohio State at 9th and Nebraska at number ten.

Go Big Red!!

...which has little to do with national relevance, and everything to do w/ the fact that there isn't much else going on in Nebraska, or UNL outside of Husker football. As you said, it's the value to the AD, local economy, university, etc.

Go Big Red!!

...which has little to do with national relevance, and everything to do w/ the fact that there isn't much else going on in Nebraska, or UNL outside of Husker football. As you said, it's the value to the AD, local economy, university, etc.

There's creighton basketball, omaha mavs hockey, nebraska volleyball + basketball, college world series, etc...

I don't think this "value" has anything at all to do with our national relevance. The only thing that will improve national perception and relevance is winning games and playing a better brand of ball. If anything, being ranked at number ten in this value ranking, should tell us that we're not getting our moneys worth for any poll ranking less than number 10.