Oh Richie!

Fanatic

Guest RockyMtnSooner

After the Oakland situation, Callahan should probably boot this kid or at least give him a serious suspension to show that he's not going to let NU go down the same road as the Raiders went under him. If he doesn't stop this now, the rest of the players will feel they can run over him too.

Callahn responds to Cognito in an interview:

The deal over the weekend with Richie Incognito and Grant Miller (both cited for assault). Any thoughts on it, any decisions made?

"My initial reaction is I'm going to look at the judicial system first and see how they respond to that. I've called and talked to both players and heard their sides of the story and their version. I'm just going to be patient in terms of how this is going to play out and then I'm going to make a decision in terms of our own team discipline. But there will be a measure of discipline."

In general, what are some of the rules these players are going to have to abide by?

"Very simple. Idon't have a lot of rules, but the rules I have will be enforced. There's just three general rules: be on time, do the right thing and work hard.

"Essentially, you can put anything in our philosophy under those guidelines and it will hold up. Ifeel strong about the discipline of this program. I'm disappointed to see what has occurred over the weekend. It's something I personally don't condone, something we're not about. We'll do the best we can with the discipline of this program because we want to be known as a disciplined program. We want to be known as a program that cares about our kids, but we want to do it in the right way."