Weight: 201

40 time: 4.59

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Arkansas, LSU, Nebraska, Colorado St., Tulane

Favorites: Committed to Lousiana Tech

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: #32/ :star:star:star

Bid Red Report: NR/ :star:star

Assessing the talent: With his stature and running style he’s difficult to bring down. He has a low center of gravity that allows him to bounce off tacklers and gain the extra yards.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 5% He’s pretty settled on Michigan, but still leaving the door open to others…barely.

• 2 weeks later...

Visit Date: January 20, 2006

Favorites: Michigan

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: #53/ :star:star:star

Assessing the talent: With his stature and running style he’s difficult to bring down. He has a low center of gravity that allows him to bounce off tacklers and gain the extra yards.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 25%

hello, well it seems that NU could have 2 visitors from the pelican state of la for this weekend one being lee, who rivals boosts as benching 410 & squatting 540 lbs, & william griffin, who maybe a replacement for royster, since joe is coming for dinner at the royster household in va - according to rivals, & NU is not invited even for the leftovers.

here is griffin's database from rivals:

http://nebraska.rivals.com/viewprospect.as...y=37269&Sport=1

I don't know what the coaches are thinking at this point. This is pure speculation on my part but i think this is a backup plan to Evan Royster who i expect to commit to Penn St tommarow. I don't think it has much to do with Kenny Wilson because i think he's solid for now, but he does have 2 visits scheduled for Florida and Tennessee on back to back consecutive weekends before LOI day. Florida got a commit of 4 star Chevon Walker and they already have 26 recruits and are over the NCAA max of 25. They have no scholarships left to give out, yet they have 6 visits for this weekend including 5 star RB C.J Spiller and the following weekend 4 star RB Knowshon Moreno and Kenny Wilson. Florida is hosting 16 official visitors on 1/20 (5 of which are already Florida verbals)

Here is some info on Griffin.

Rushed for 1,999 yards and 23 touchdowns this season.

Was the class 3A offensive MVP

Particpated in Max Emfingers Bowl for seniors

ma_sp_1.gif

La. RB William Griffin Will Commit if Offered

This is from Yahoo Sports which is a free article from the Scout.com network. Keep in mind this is about 10 days old and he has changed his Michigan visit to January 27th but they have yet to offer

Running back William Griffin of Patterson, La., High School is participating in the Max Emfinger 2006 High School All-American Bowl Game Classic in Shreveport, La., on Thursday. GoBlueWolverine.com will be in attendance, and had a chance to speak with Griffin during a media session on Weds. The All-State player wants to be a Wolverine, all that is needed is an offer.

With Carlos Brown of Heard County High School in Franklin, Ga., already in Ann Arbor enrolling in classes, and the strong possibility of landing Brandon Minor of Varina High in Richmond, Va., will Michigan take a third running back in the recruiting class of 2006? If so, William Griffin of Patterson, La., High School has already made his decision. "I'm going up to Michigan on an official visit on Jan. 13," Griffin told GoBlueWolverine.com on Wednesday. "If they offer, I'm going to commit. It's going to be Michigan for me. I talk to Coach Fred Jackson almost every day."

Griffin won't be going to Ann Arbor alone. He said he will be accompanied by his two brothers - the younger one, a rising junior wide receiver who Griffin said is also being looked at by Coach Jackson. Griffin said his older brother, Michael, played football at Nicholls State. "I know they have Mike Hart, and that No. 3 (Kevin Grady) is a freshman, but I know I can go up there and compete with those guys," he said.

The 5-foot-11, 210-pound Griffin is so set on becoming a Wolverine, and confident of receiving an offer during his visit, that he is already spurning the advances of other schools. "Nebraska came by to talk to me, I hadn't ever heard from them before," he said. "I told them thanks, but I really wasn't interested. Arkansas offered me, but I don't want to go there."

The First Team All-State selection is participating in Max Emfinger's All-American Bowl Classic which will be played on Thursday at Independence Stadium in Shreveport, La. GBW will be in attendance to get a first-hand look at Griffin, who Emfinger calls the top back in Louisiana this season.

Yahoo Sports.com

Favorites: Committed to Lousiana Tech

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: #32/ :star:star:star

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 5%