Little Shop of Horrors (1986)

I've just watched the alternate (original) ending. Completely different. Now both Audrey and Seymour swallowed the blood thirsty pod and eventually, outer space plants and baby pods conquered the world. I really don't like it. However I love the different version and happy ending much more.

Levi Stubbs (plant voice), Rick Moranis, Ellen Greene, Steve Martin and Bill Murray was all excellent. And female trio singers too.

EDIT (further info):

During production, director Oz shot a 23-minute ending based on the off-Broadway musical's ending. However, after receiving negative reviews from test audiences, the ending had to be rewritten and re-shot for the theatrical release with a "happier ending".

In the original ending, after Audrey is attacked by Audrey II (reprise of "Suppertime!"), Seymour rescues Audrey, who is seriously injured. Confessing to Audrey he fed Mushnik and Orin to Audrey II, Audrey requests Seymour feed her to the plant and earn the success he deserves, before she dies in his arms (reprise of "Somewhere That's Green"). Seymour does so, but soon attempts to commit suicide, only to be stopped by Patrick Martin, who offers to reproduce and sell Audrey II as he had grown a smaller Audrey II from one of the clippings that he harvested. Realizing Audrey II's intentions of world domination, Seymour is warned that his consent isn't necessary as plants are considered public domain. Seymour climbs down the roof with the resolution that Audrey II has to be destroyed. Returning to the shop, Seymour confronts and tries to kill the plant ("Mean Green Mother from Outer Space"), who tears down the shop, plucks Seymour out of the rubble, and eats him alive.

The three chorus girls appear in front of the American flag and tell how the Audrey II buds became a worldwide consumer craze, but soon, grew into an army of monstrous plants who take over the world ("Don't Feed the Plants").[3] Giant Audrey II plants are shown destroying cities, toppling buildings and eating people. The U.S. Army attempt to fight the Audrey II buds as the final shot shows the plants ascending the Statue of Liberty.

• Fire 1

Did you watch it on a Japanese VCR player?

What's that ...... VCR? Never heard of it. ;)

I watched director's cut version (happy ending) probably 15 years ago via HBO or something like that. No tape. I also recently re-watched via Netflix channel a year ago or so. For the original ending, just type in "Little Shop of Horrors movie online" and find Putlocker.bz website (google search).

Runtime: 94 minutes | 102 minutes (original)

I'm not a musical movies fan with the exception of Little Shop of Horrors......I enjoyed it alot.