Whos Left

mothy

But still yet was counted as part of the 85 scholarship limit.

If you traveled with the team, you counted towards that limit. You can't have 85 plus however many walk-ons.

Basically, you suit up and play, you count towards the limit.

That doesn't make sense to me. Just because they travelled with the team doesn't mean they had a scholarship. As far as I know, there is no rule on total roster size. Walk on's plus scholarship athletes.

Well i was going to respond but 2 people already beat me to it. Travel rosters have nothing to do with who has a scholarship and who doesn't. I can give you a dozen names of guys who traveled to Baylor and Kansas last year that were not scholarship players. You are correct on 1 thing though and that only as certain amount of players are allowed to suit up for a road game but doesn't mean the ones that don't suit up can't travel. Case in point Bradley who did not suit up for the Alamo bowl game, but i am sure like the rest of us, you saw him holding a sign asking ESPN for some love correct?

Actually, some players cannot make the trip at all. IIRC, Steve Octavien had to drive to the Kansas game (on his own) and sit in the stands because of the travel roster. He referred to that in an interview weeks back.

Now on the scholarship situation, I have always been under the impression that if you travel, you are counted toward the scholarship limit. I could go check NCAA guidelines, but looking thru 400+ pages isn't exactly something I want to do. :P