NU / SC GAMEDAY SUGGESTIONS

chad1971

www.stubhub.com - They have around 40 tickets for sale in the west end zone - Bad News is they start at $345.00 - I live in SC central - (Manhattan Beach, CA) and no one is selling them - It's not gonna be like Notre Dame, All the SC fans are going. If you plan on coming out I would suggest buying ahead because the colliseum is the wrong place to be wandering around looking for tickets - Not only is it a bad neighborHOOD but the LAPD run stings and you go to jail if you try and BUY / SELL TIX. Good Luck :restore2

wow, thanks for the warning. You'd think the LAPD would have more important things to worry about though.

Not on game days - Drunk Driving, Public Intoxication, J-Walking, Fighting, Ticket Scalping. BE CAREFUL because LA COUNTY JAIL ain't FUN and you will be there until MONDAY if you get arrested on a Saturday.

It's not gonna be like Notre Dame, All the SC fans are going. 

I disagree. This game has a huge draw for Husker fans. We will be coming into this game with a 5 game winning streak. It's in LA instead of Podunk South Bend. And as much as I hate Notre Dame fans, I do think that there will be more SC fans looking to make a quick buck than the jack ass domers. I just feel there is way more buzz for this game than there was for the Notre Dame game. I predict a sea of red!

I also think the price will drop much lower than $350 a couple weeks before the game (probably $150-$250).

I disagree. This game has a huge draw for Husker fans. We will be coming into this game with a 5 game winning streak. It's in LA instead of Podunk South Bend. And as much as I hate Notre Dame fans, I do think that there will be more SC fans looking to make a quick buck than the jack ass domers. I just feel there is way more buzz for this game than there was for the Notre Dame game. I predict a sea of red!

I also think the price will drop much lower than $350 a couple weeks before the game (probably $150-$250).

It'd definently a good warning and I appreciate you posting that.

But let's not forget the game isn't until another 8 months. Plenty of time.

I hope your right, but I know about 30 SC fans and they are going along with their brother's brother,sister, 1st cousin 2nd cousin ETC - There's gonna be TIX available but your gonna get raped on the price, The Collisium hold about 97,500 and there are 80,000 season ticket holders for SC now - Scalping is LEGAL out here if you own a business and corporations buy all the remaining tickets - My point is that website I listed has tickets NOW!!!! I would suggest having them in hand when you get on the plane wherever your coming from. Just remember where USC campus is - it's in WATTS and fake tickets are the NORM especially for big games. I've seen people at the gate not getting in because they bought a ticket from some guy off the street - So I'm just giving a little advice, This isn't PODUNK NEBRASKA out here there's alot of people that take advantage of out of towners. and also DO NOT PARK IN ANY CHURCH LOTS NO MATTER WHAT They have a SCAM with the tow truck companies to tow you after you go in the game. Take it for what it's worth.

I hope your right, but I know about 30 SC fans and they are going along with their brother's brother,sister, 1st cousin 2nd cousin ETC - There's gonna be TIX available but your gonna get raped on the price, The Collisium hold about 97,500 and there are 80,000 season ticket holders for SC now - Scalping is LEGAL out here if you own a business and corporations buy all the remaining tickets - My point is that website I listed has tickets NOW!!!! I would suggest having them in hand when you get on the plane wherever your coming from. Just remember where USC campus is - it's in WATTS and fake tickets are the NORM especially for big games. I've seen people at the gate not getting in because they bought a ticket from some guy off the street - So I'm just giving a little advice, This isn't PODUNK NEBRASKA out here there's alot of people that take advantage of out of towners. and also DO NOT PARK IN ANY CHURCH LOTS NO MATTER WHAT They have a SCAM with the tow truck companies to tow you after you go in the game. Take it for what it's worth.

Excellent piece of advice. Thanks

A friend sent this to me:

Connie, from the AD's ticket office, said that tickets will not be available until late spring/early summer, but here's what you can do:

1. write a note to the ticket office requesting tickets. if you're a booster, indicate this.

2. if you hold season tickets, indicate on the bottom of the season ticket invoice that you'd like USC tickets.

3. if you're an alumn, you can also go through the Alumni Association, although their allocation might be limited.

4. Take your chances and go through USC's ticket office (ughh) or a ticket broker (double ughh).

bottom line: probably need to be proactive if you want fairly good seats and want to sit with Husker fans...unless

Athletic Ticket Office

625 Stadium Drive Suite E

Lincoln, NE 68588

attn: Connie

Thanks for the advice Chad. Since it sounds like you have been to SC quite a bit, can you give us some idea what we can expect while we are there? For instance, how is the bar scene around campus? How will SC fans treat my drunk ass? etc.

Also, if anyone has luck getting tickets, please share with the rest of the board. Lets get a big group out there!

I think Chad was trying to say that USC fans unlike ND fans wont be going around scalping tickets and expects them to fill the coliseum, making tickets hard to come by

Thanks for the advice Chad. Since it sounds like you have been to SC quite a bit, can you give us some idea what we can expect while we are there? For instance, how is the bar scene around campus? How will SC fans treat my drunk ass? etc.

Also, if anyone has luck getting tickets, please share with the rest of the board. Lets get a big group out there!

First of all SC campus is in WATTS it's the getto you don't want to stay around there after dark - Lot's of CRIME and lost cornhusker fans will be easy pickens - WHERE TO STAY - SC is close to the 10 - FWY and the 110 - FWY by downtown LA, You want to stay as far WEST as you can and I will list the cities.

Manhattan Beach - Not many Hotels, Lot's of Bars and GREAT resturaunts - I live here. Fairly calm but a good time. SAFE AREA You can walk everywhere

Hermosa Beach - Not many Hotels, But 15 Bars right on the ocean and great resturaunts - Even if you don't stay here I Highly recomend it you will have a blast + CFN's watchsite is there. Patrick Molloys is my favorite bar. SAFE AREA, You can walk everywhere

Redondo Beach - Lot's of Hotels 2 or 3 right on the ocean lot's of bars and returaunts and SAFE AREA You can walk everywhere

Torrance - Tons of Hotels Tons of resturaunts SAFE AREA some driving but use cabs

Santa Monica - Tons of Hotels Tons of resturaunts + 10 -FWY ends there which = easy drive. SAFE AREA some driving but use cabs

West LA - Tons of Hotels tons of returaunts - Next to Santa Monica - SAFE AREA some driving but use cabs

Brentwood / Westwood - Some Hotels lot's of resturaunts Fairly expensive, UCLA campus is here. SAFE AREA You can walk everywhere

Venice / Marina Del Rey - Some Hotels Tons of returaunts FAIRLY SAFE AREA some driving but use cabs

Those are the best places to stay - But keep in mind you have to at least drive to the game but when you get back to the hotel after the game WALK OR TAKE A CAB, all they do is look for DRUNK DRIVERS at night SO BE CAREFUL but the towns I listed you can usually find a bar or resturaunt within walking distance from a hotel - Whatever the time of the game starts I would suggest leaving 3hrs before game time there are about 8 exits to the stadium from the 10 fwy and 110 fwy for 97,000 people SO LEAVE EARLY - One thing to mention when making hotel reservations ask them how far it is to the stadium all the cities I listed are within 20 or miles or less but anything under 10 miles away from stadium = SCARY PART OF TOWN.

Hope this was helpful :restore2:horns2:cheers:cheers

Did he mention SCARY PART OF LA. That isn't the only scary part either.

1. Watch the game sober.

2. Leave the stadium and get to a safe area as mentioned.

3. Then get rinsed if you want.

4. If you get pulled over, pray it's my son and you are wearing red. :)

Did he mention SCARY PART OF LA. That isn't the only scary part either.

1. Watch the game sober.

2. Leave the stadium and get to a safe area as mentioned.

3. Then get rinsed if you want.

4. If you get pulled over, pray it's my son and you are wearing red. :)

:yeah

A friend sent this to me:

Connie, from the AD's ticket office, said that tickets will not be available until late spring/early summer, but here's what you can do:

1. write a note to the ticket office requesting tickets. if you're a booster, indicate this.

2. if you hold season tickets, indicate on the bottom of the season ticket invoice that you'd like USC tickets.

3. if you're an alumn, you can also go through the Alumni Association, although their allocation might be limited.

4. Take your chances and go through USC's ticket office (ughh) or a ticket broker (double ughh).

bottom line: probably need to be proactive if you want fairly good seats and want to sit with Husker fans...unless

Athletic Ticket Office

625 Stadium Drive Suite E

Lincoln, NE 68588

attn: Connie

I saw it happen at a raider and sc game - they charge $5.00 to park and everyone is so cheap they don't want to pay 15 or 20 bucks to park, and after the lot is full and everyone is inside they post a sign saying no stadium parking and then they split the tow fees for each car. But of course it's in the name of the LORD