A Gambler's View of NU/UM

I'm a Husker in Las Vegas and thought I might share some handicapping info regarding the game with Miami:

Al Golden is 2-9 verse the spread since 2013 w/ no covers away from home.

The Canes are currently 0-5-1 ATS (against the spread) as a non conference underdog (This is the good news.)

NU lost three games at home last year, so playing at home shouldn't be considered too strongly.

NU is 1-4 ATS before their first BIG home game. (I'm not weighing this "trend' too heavily.)

Perhaps most telling is Pellini is 3-11-1 ATS at home when playing off back to back wins. This is the primary reason the NE newspaper columnists reference the NU "roller coaster effect". How many times in the past few years have we thought that the team finally turned the corner only to have them lay an egg?

I certainly hope that Pellini and the Huskers can get over this hump. Pelini's track record says otherwise. I'm not playing this one.

• Fire 4

I'm a Husker in Las Vegas and thought I might share some handicapping info regarding the game with Miami:

The Canes are currently 0-5-1 ATS (against the spread) as a non conference underdog (This is the good news.)

NU lost three games at home last year, so playing at home shouldn't be considered too strongly.

NU is 1-4 ATS before their first BIG home game. (I'm not weighing this "trend' too heavily.)

Perhaps most telling is Pellini is 3-11-1 ATS at home when playing off back to back wins. This is the primary reason the NE newspaper columnists reference the NU "roller coaster effect". How many times in the past few years have we thought that the team finally turned the corner only to have them lay an egg?

I certainly hope that Pellini and the Huskers can get over this hump. Pelini's track record says otherwise. I'm not playing this one.

I don't know what I like on this game yet. I am not a huge fan of certain trends in college football games. I am more a fan of home field, conferences, players and coaches.

1. Home field: Not sure it is a big deal in the game, regardless of where they played. Miami home crowds are as lame as my package after 10 drinks

2. Conferences: Pretty much a push, both conferences are "power" conferences

3. Players: I think I read that both these teams starters are mostly 4 star guys, but I think Miami had a few more higher ranked guys

4. Coaches: Golden is horrible

I think there is a reason there has not been a lot of movement with the line. I think people are in the air about it still.

Sounds like neither side is going to cover. :moreinteresting