Sam Koch

He is one of the most efficient and consistence punters in the nation, why isnt he getting any consideration for the nfl? I find this completely wrong... he was so good last season.

Who says he isn't? Larson made it to the pros and had similar numbers for his career. If a team has a chance to sign Koch for the minimum, they would be a fool not to.

He is one of the most efficient and consistence punters in the nation, why isnt he getting any consideration for the nfl? I find this completely wrong... he was so good last season.

Who says he isn't? Larson made it to the pros and had similar numbers for his career. If a team has a chance to sign Koch for the minimum, they would be a fool not to.

Larson may have had similar numbers but Koch isn't even getting remotely the attention Kyle did. Some lists had Larson as the #1 to #3 punter. as nu4 pointed out, "he is way way down there on the list... and some dont even have him on there".

even the sites with extensive prospect lists still exclude Koch!

pre-draft rankings aside, Larson didn't get drafted anyway and had to make his way as a free agent. so from that standpoint, Koch could make it into the NFL very much the same way Larson did, even if he's getting far less attention.

Larson may have had similar numbers but Koch isn't even getting remotely the attention Kyle did. Some lists had Larson as the #1 to #3 punter. as nu4 pointed out, "he is way way down there on the list... and some dont even have him on there".

even the sites with extensive prospect lists still exclude Koch!

pre-draft rankings aside, Larson didn't get drafted anyway and had to make his way as a free agent. so from that standpoint, Koch could make it into the NFL very much the same way Larson did, even if he's getting far less attention.

I think Koch could be a good punter in the pros and a team would be missing out on picking him up. Kind of puzzling why he is rated so low. Maybe he will prove the ratings wrong, get a try out and earn a position. Crap, even Dan Hadenfeldt punted in the pros.

it is puzzling! and the sad thing is, he won't have anything between now and the Draft to "prove" himself. he didn't go to any all star games (was he even invited?!) and won't be going to the Combine.

as for Torp, i was thinking his poor performance might help Koch too, it can't hurt. Torp didn't even look that great in practice much less the game itself.

maybe it was nerves? keep in mind, he is used to small crowds with 0 scouts attending, having gone to CU and all (had to get a shot in there).

I did look on Google just now and found one site that is giving him some notice: http://www.gbnreport.com/2006sts.html

#5 punter there

but look at this: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profi...e.php?pyid=8482

#18?!

i think the answer to "why isn't Koch getting more attention" is b/c Husker fans are seemingly the only ones that really know about the guy. apparently no one actually looked at statistical leaders or have just ignored his name. He is a truly "unknown prospect". Hopefully he can get a good agent, with statistics in hand, to change that.

If a team has a chance to sign Koch for the minimum, they would be a fool not to.

Sam was one of our most consistent players. I never thought I would say this about a punter but, he was one of our mvps last season IMO. He kept giving the other team poor field position. I wish him all the best because that's sure what he gave us.