ESPN's football "experts"

CornHunka

Are you guys serious?

You do know Tanny McEvoy is almost the sole reason Wisconsin lost. Here's his line for that game:

8/24 50 yds 0 TDs 2 Ints Rating of 34.2

He only has one game of 300 total yards. He has 604 passing yards and 5/4 TD/Int.

Hutson Mason is better than him. His line from this last week:

16/25 147 yds 1 TD 2 Ints Rating of 110.6

He has 0 games of 300 total yards. Heck, he's never produced more than 200 yards. Has 566 passing yards and a 5/2 TD/Int. Oh, and a total of 25 yards rushing on the season.

Tommy's worst game last week vs. Illinois:

10/21 166 yds 1 TD 1 Int Rating of 120.2

Tommy has 3 games of +300 total yards. He has 1052 pass yards and 10/3 TD/Int. He also has 420 Rushing Yards, 2 Rushing TD's, and about 8 ypc.

Tell me how Tommy isn't better than those guys?

Good post.

I personally think that Tommy is playing at a very high level right now. Yes, we can pick apart a play here or there. But, in general, he is running this offense very well and I think we would see a huge drop off if he were to get injured.

I am extremely excited about the next two years with him.

Also, I have seen glimpses of very good running from Newby that makes me excited about what he can do next year.

I agree that TA is playing at a high level. Remember Frazier only had one year with a completion percentage better than 50%. In what many consider his best game ever , NCG against Florida, he was 6-14 with two interceptions and zero TDs. And a lot of us believe Frazier was the best college QB of all time.

Great point Michigan Dad. Frazier's impact in that game could not be quanified by his throwing numbers. It was his presense, leadership and physical ability on the option that made the difference.

I will agree with Joe, however. He had a throw back pass to Phillips for the Huskers' first score of the game that night.

Are you guys serious?

You do know Tanny McEvoy is almost the sole reason Wisconsin lost. Here's his line for that game:

8/24 50 yds 0 TDs 2 Ints Rating of 34.2

He only has one game of 300 total yards. He has 604 passing yards and 5/4 TD/Int.

Hutson Mason is better than him. His line from this last week:

16/25 147 yds 1 TD 2 Ints Rating of 110.6

He has 0 games of 300 total yards. Heck, he's never produced more than 200 yards. Has 566 passing yards and a 5/2 TD/Int. Oh, and a total of 25 yards rushing on the season.

Tommy's worst game last week vs. Illinois:

10/21 166 yds 1 TD 1 Int Rating of 120.2

Tommy has 3 games of +300 total yards. He has 1052 pass yards and 10/3 TD/Int. He also has 420 Rushing Yards, 2 Rushing TD's, and about 8 ypc.

Tell me how Tommy isn't better than those guys?

Good post.

I personally think that Tommy is playing at a very high level right now. Yes, we can pick apart a play here or there. But, in general, he is running this offense very well and I think we would see a huge drop off if he were to get injured.

I am extremely excited about the next two years with him.

Also, I have seen glimpses of very good running from Newby that makes me excited about what he can do next year.

I agree that TA is playing at a high level. Remember Frazier only had one year with a completion percentage better than 50%. In what many consider his best game ever , NCG against Florida, he was 6-14 with two interceptions and zero TDs. And a lot of us believe Frazier was the best college QB of all time.

Great point Michigan Dad. Frazier's impact in that game could not be quanified by his throwing numbers. It was his presense, leadership and physical ability on the option that made the difference.

I will agree with Joe, however. He had a throw back pass to Phillips for the Huskers' first score of the game that night.

I thought it was a backwards pass, but it was officially scored as a TD pass. In any case, TA doesn't look too bad when compared to a legend ;)