Next five years

the 03' team would not have had a chance against michigan. they needed a totally new personel to win and with joe daliey there was no chance of that happening. nebraska was a good 8-4 team who should have beat tt and was one pass play away from beating oklahoma. please tell me who you believe will beat nebraska next year?

The thread pertains to the NEXT FIVE YEARS. Enough about Solich yada, yada, yada. Past history. THE NEXT FIVE YEARS PLEASE.

Talk about: is the talent going to go up, down. Sure wins, sure losses, coaching changes, player changes.

WHEW THX just venting.

:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

The 03 team would have beat Michigan??? Id wager on that. We would be lucky to score...

There certainly is no way to tell, so you can assume all you want. Im sure they would have fared pretty well against a 7-5 team.

One fact I know is that the 03 team didnt lose to KU by 25. :thumbs

Very true, but KU had a much better defense this year than in 03. THis is no excuse for losing that bad to KU though. IMO, things looked much brighter at the end of the season, but I do not think this team can take any team lightly for a while.

I'm just curious to why people are not looking at NU and realizing they are a team on the rise.

Simply because this staff took a 10-3 team that returned the majority of its starters to is worst record in 40 years. And they havent gotten much better (worse in some areas) in the 2+ years since this staff has been here. The team still isnt as good as it was prior to this staff being brought on campus.

If you honestly believe that, then go right ahead and continue posting that way.

That is such an absurd thing to say. Remember 2002, 7-7?

What do you say about that?

What about that POS, horrible staff that brought YOUR beloved Huskers from a decent 11-3, to nearly a losing season? What does that say about coaching?

I know this is playing right into your game, FF, but sometimes you just evoke responses like this.

That is such an absurd thing to say. Remember 2002, 7-7?

What do you say about that?

What about that POS, horrible staff that brought YOUR beloved Huskers from a decent 11-3, to nearly a losing season? What does that say about coaching?

1) The 02 team lost TONS of talent from the 01 team (Crouch, Fonoti, etc--Hochstein??) not a handful of players (that according to some werent any good anyhow) like the 03-04 transition.

2) The staff from 03 was not the staff from 02, the guys who quit recruiting were shown the door, and the NC "fired" himself as the OC (supposedly :wacko: ) That 03 staff was light-years ahead of what currently is in Lincoln.

;)

2) The staff from 03 was not the staff from 02, the guys who quit recruiting were shown the door, and the NC "fired" himself as the OC (supposedly :wacko: ) That 03 staff was light-years ahead of what currently is in Lincoln.

pure speculation. we didnt win the north that year. we lost at mizzou and ironically the score from the 2003 loss and the 2005 loss are identical (24-41). and texas wiped the floor with us and ran all over the place. cedric benson and vince young both had over 150 yards rushing in that game.