Next five years

2) The staff from 03 was not the staff from 02, the guys who quit recruiting were shown the door, and the NC "fired" himself as the OC (supposedly :wacko: ) That 03 staff was light-years ahead of what currently is in Lincoln.

If they were "light-years" ahead how in the world did they only go 10-3 where as this pathetic coaching staff went 8-4????

Thats not that big of a disparity for staffs that are light years away from each other.

By the way..

Average loss 2003 - 23.3 points

Average loss 2005 - 13.0 points

2) The staff from 03 was not the staff from 02, the guys who quit recruiting were shown the door, and the NC "fired" himself as the OC (supposedly :wacko: ) That 03 staff was light-years ahead of what currently is in Lincoln.

If they were "light-years" ahead how in the world did they only go 10-3 where as this pathetic coaching staff went 8-4????

The 03 staff had much, much, much, much, MUCH, less talent to work with, remember??

The 03 staff had much, much, much, much, MUCH, less talent to work with, remember??

You don't believe this!!!! While there are many that believe that the 03 class didn't have that much talent, don't try to say you were one of them. You are using other peoples areguments to try to make your points, too bad

You would always argue and disagree when people would say that the 03 team didn't have talent and now you are using that as part of your argument? Sorry, you can't have it both ways.

Who do you think NU will all lose to next year?

Question worthy of a separate thread. I still think that we are good for one major upset - I think we take Texas at home (I know....it's hopeful thinking, just can't stand that everyone has written-off both those games already)

Red/White Game - Another record for passing yards is set.

Louisiana Tech - WIN. Not as close as the 2005 Maine game. Husker fans are satisfied. Lucky shows what he is capable of when the OL opens up some holes.

Nicholls State - WIN. Beck gets some mop-up time. The Red-White game was more exciting.

@ USC - LOSS. Not pretty.

Troy - WIN We rebound nicely. Jones/Bowman combine for 5 INTs

Kansas - WIN. Revenge is a dish best served cold.

@ Iowa State - WIN (convincingly). Everyone wonders why Iowa State was picked by "experts" to win the B12 North

@ Kansas State - WIN.Freeman is seen standing on the KSU sidelines crying. Wishes that he didn't listen to his dad.

Texas - WIN. A major upset. Zach Taylor gets hurt. Beck leads the way. TV commentators get on the Husker bandwagon.

@ Okahoma State - LOSS. OSU upsets UN. Beck is off his game.

Missouri - WIN - Close game...nailbiter. Beck passes to Herian in the endzone as Herian is falling down. Herian can only kick the ball in the air. The ball is caught by a diving Nate Swift with 5 seconds left in the game. Despite win, we drop in the polls.

@ Texas A&M - LOSS. UN comes out flat. Makes a lot of turnoffs. Crowd is a factor. Sad day in Huskerland.

Colorado - WIN - Not even a contest. Zach Taylor is healthy and starts. Colorado finishes the season 4-8. Colorado message boards continue to display lack of class and vulgarity. They continue to insist that Colorado vs. Nebraska is a rivalry game, despite the fact that we have no respect for their program or fans. We sit back and smile.

HUSKER RECORD IS 9-3

The thread pertains to the NEXT FIVE YEARS. Enough about Solich yada, yada, yada. Past history. THE NEXT FIVE YEARS PLEASE.

Talk about: is the talent going to go up, down. Sure wins, sure losses, coaching changes, player changes.

WHEW THX just venting.

:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

Which part of the next five years is so hard to comprehend? If you want to talk about the LAST five years, start a thread with that name.

It amazes me how people with their own agenda can rip a thread apart.

Ok off my soap box. I think that 10-2 would be great. 9-3 is VERY obtainable.

If we win the north ( which we should from the looks of the comp). We can take it to the big 12 championship game. Win that and we are BCS bound!!!

These are all things that in no way out of reach with the players we have this season. My hats off to our staff for putting the puzzle back together. :thumbs:cheers

Well im glad some body is on my side. I say Texas, USC, and Okstate or A&M are the only teams that can pose a real threat. I say Okstate and A&M because if you have watched college football you know that both those teams play very well at home against top teams but still Nebraska should win those games leaving USC and Texas. USC will be an interesting match up because with all the players lost they will only have 1 game to to prepare for NU. NU has 2 easy teams that should provide them great games to get into a grove and are returning a lot of players. Texas will be a good game for NU being in Lincoln and a mid-season game where the Huskers could be 7-0 or 6-1. I cant wait.