The Most Wonder Time Of The Year

Bowl season starts tomorrow and I can't wait. I know most people say "grumble grumble TO MANY BOWL GAMES! grumble grumble" and to those people I say "Well, don't watch them"

I love laying on the couch, Christmas tree fully decorated, cold outside, warm and cosy inside. Plenty of Christmas treats to snack on while watching football in some far off (usually) warm local that feels like a world away. Before Christmas the presents are stacked under tree, after the kids are all around happily playing with their new toys. The atmosphere makes even South Alabama and Bowling Green match ups seem fun and festive. Camellia Bowl ? Wasn't she involved with the royal family in some way? /shrug

I have always made it a point to try and watch as much of every game as I can. This was harder in the VCR days but with the advent of the DVR. More football can be watch faster by buzzing through commercials and in between players. The only issue is not getting the dreaded spoiler scroll at the bottom of the screen. This is remedied usually with toilet paper covering the bottom part of the screen and a keen eye to buzz through any unwanted highlights. It also helps to have a wife well trained in letting me know when said highlights are over as I hide my eyes like an eight year old watching a horror movie.

I'd even take it a step further (and some would say crazier) to say that I long for the days of rigid bowl tie-in's and complete chaos in the polls. I feel the national championship is overrated, to much politics, to much out of your control. Win your games, win your conference, enjoy your bowl.

Does anyone else enjoy bowl season like I do?

So what non Husker games are you guys looking forward to?

Here are the games this weekend:

I hope the table I made comes out okay.

Time (CST) Channel Bowl Teams

10:00 AM ESPN New Orleans Nevada (7-5) vs LA-Lafayette (8-4)

1:20 PM ESPN New Mexico Utah State (9-4) vs. UTEP (7-5)

2:30 PM ABC Las Vegas #22 Utah(8-4) vs Colorado State (10-2)

4:45 PM ESPN Potato Western Michigan (8-4) vs Air Force (9-3)

8:15 PM ESPN Camellia Bowl South Alabama (6-6) vs Bowling Green (7-6)

I'll be posting back here with my thoughts on each game, feel free to chime in.

Edit: yep, the table didn't come out like I liked, changed it a bit, hope it's still helpful/somewhat readable. And I just realized I screwed up the title,....awesome....

Edited by RunMickeyRun02