2 tablespoons crushed cumin seeds or ground cumin

2 tablespoons ground oregano

2 tablespoons salt

1 to 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper

4 cloves garlic, minced

2 quarts beef stock or canned beef broth

1/2 cup masa harina or cornmeal

1/2 cup cold water

Fry suet in Marlboro Chili Kettle until crisp. Then add beef, about 1 pound at a time, and brown, stirring as it cooks. Remove each pound after browning. When all meat is browned, return it to kettle and add seasonings and beef stock or broth. Cover and simmer 1 1/2 - 2 hours. Skim off fat. Combine masa harina or cornmeal with cold water and stir thoroughly into chili. Simmer 30 minutes. Makes about 3 3/4 quarts.

• Fire 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Nope, Muck posted that. He's a member here at HuskerBoard, I'm a member there on BuckeyePlanet. Neither of us post on the other guy's site much anymore, but I still go over there once in a while. Alexhortdog, who posts over here more and more, is a Husker fan and member of BuckeyePlanet. It's a really well-run message board. By far my favorite of the Big Ten fan sites.

I didn't know he'd posted that (or if I did I forgot), but I got this recipe from a Marlboro cigarettes chili recipe book. Back in the day you could get Marlboro merchandise (Marlboro Bucks rings a bell, but I don't know if this is associated with that). The book is a buddy's, a life-long Marlboro smoker.

There were about a dozen chili recipes. I'll post a few more in a bit.

Nope, Muck posted that. He's a member here at HuskerBoard, I'm a member there on BuckeyePlanet. Neither of us post on the other guy's site much anymore, but I still go over there once in a while. Alexhortdog, who posts over here more and more, is a Husker fan and member of BuckeyePlanet. It's a really well-run message board. By far my favorite of the Big Ten fan sites.

I didn't know he'd posted that (or if I did I forgot), but I got this recipe from a Marlboro cigarettes chili recipe book. Back in the day you could get Marlboro merchandise (Marlboro Bucks rings a bell, but I don't know if this is associated with that). The book is a buddy's, a life-long Marlboro smoker.

There were about a dozen chili recipes. I'll post a few more in a bit.

I remember the Marlboro bucks.. My buddy from college won a trip to the ranch, I think it was in AZ or NM, back in '98 or '99. I think it was impressive as he switched from Camel Lights to Mar Reds until he quit.

EDIT: It was Camel bucks, and Marlboro miles. They had a catalog you could order stuff from, the Camel one was more bar/lounge stuff, while Marlboro was country items, I think both had pool tables etc. Of course you needed their currency. I dont remember if Camel offered trips, but I know for sure about the Ranch Marlboro had, although you had to win that.