Minnesota proposes law against kickoffs before noon

NUance

Mark Dayton takes aim at early Gophers' 11 a.m. kickoffs

By David Montgomery dmontgomery@pioneerpress.com
His final campaign behind him, Gov. Mark Dayton plans a battle next year over a minor but very personal issue: the start time for University of Minnesota football games.
"They talk about the concern about attendance at the Gopher games -- they start them at 11 o'clock in the morning," Dayton said Tuesday in an interview with the Pioneer Press. "I'm going to propose that we pass a law that no (Division I FBS) football game in Minnesota can start before noon."

Ha ha! If this thing passes you won't be seeing many Gopher games on TV. The solution is to win more games. Not try to legislate your way into the prime time. :lol:

Mark Dayton takes aim at early Gophers' 11 a.m. kickoffs

By David Montgomery dmontgomery@pioneerpress.com
His final campaign behind him, Gov. Mark Dayton plans a battle next year over a minor but very personal issue: the start time for University of Minnesota football games.
"They talk about the concern about attendance at the Gopher games -- they start them at 11 o'clock in the morning," Dayton said Tuesday in an interview with the Pioneer Press. "I'm going to propose that we pass a law that no (Division I FBS) football game in Minnesota can start before noon."

Ha ha! If this thing passes you won't be seeing many Gopher games on TV. The solution is to win more games. Not try to legislate your way into the prime time. :lol:

It's the east coast that causes games to start at 11. There is no reason that games in the CST should start before noon. You don't see 9am games for PAC teams...