Riley on Sports Nightly

You know, that '71 team also featured a QB roll-out where Tagge suddenly takes a three-step drop, buying the perfect amount of time to make a simple 12 yard completion.

Similar play was a staple of our Triple Option.

It might be the single best weapon a running/passing quarterback has.

I love this type of play. It gives the quarterback a lot of freedom. It also gives the WR's time to either find an opening or comeback for an easy completion because defenders are usually forced to come up and play the quarterback run. These can be easy completionsto the TE on an out route as well when you force a linebacker to make a decision.

As far as the Riley interview, I'm hoping they do decide to place Langsdorf on the sideline. I've always felt that is the best place for the offensive coordinator. It takes some of the gimmicky-ness out of the game and allows the play caller to see and exploit actual physical advantages.

As far as the Riley interview, I'm hoping they do decide to place Langsdorf on the sideline. I've always felt that is the best place for the offensive coordinator. It takes some of the gimmicky-ness out of the game and allows the play caller to see and exploit actual physical advantages.

I think the biggest advantage to this is he could coach the QBs face-to-face, in real time. And he could get real time feedback from the players, not just the HC.

I think the biggest advantage to this is he could coach the QBs face-to-face, in real time. And he could get real time feedback from the players, not just the HC.

Agreed. That's the other huge advantage. Overall, its just better to have him down there, especially Langsdorf with all his wisdom at the QB position. Might help to slow the game down for Tommy and settle him a bit when the whole world can see those times when Tommy gets a bit overwhelmed.

I hope they just actually put him down there and not in the skybox.