Huskers Best in College, NFL, or Both: Top 5 Lists

Rucker was 2nd team Big 12 as a senior, not what I would call unheralded.

I agree that Rucker was not exactly a bum at

NU. The guy was basically a starter in '97 (shared time with Kelsay) and the 2nd team Big 12 as a senior. I wouldn't just call him "Wistrom's back-up".

Rucker gets added because he had to play second string for three of his four years. For as good of a player that he was in college, he is was limited, to a degree, by the depth chart. Plus, he gets recognition now as one of the great DE to come through Nebraska but gets overlooked for guys like Wistrom, Neil Smith, Tomich, Chamberlain, Alberts, and Broderick Thomas.
But Rucker wasn't "2nd string" as a junior. He was basically a co-#1 Rush End with Kelsay in '97. He, Wistrom, and Kelsay basically had a 3 man rotation at rush end that year.
Far enough. Rucker was not a starter his junior year, sans three games, but he did have a rotation with Kelsay.

I would have to put Suh on the top 5.

I could hear that argument. Who does he replace?

Ahman Green. Suh has already surpassed him in All Pro Selections and both have 4 pro bowl selections. Sun is regarded as one of the best college football players ever. Earning a plethora of awards as a Sr.