Tomerlin

.....God damnit..... Tomerlin was picked up for a DUI. Not Solich esque, they just stopped him for changing lanes without signalling, and his bac was .011, which is pretty low, but come on man. Dont drink and drive! He was picked up a block from my apartment. He could have called me for christ sake and I would have came to pick him up.....so stupid...

What the f#*k is wrong with that f'ing cop - You don't ticket the football players if no ones phisically hurt - You can always let them off with a warning - What happened to the good ol' days - Cops are such jerkoffs now days.

what kind of example is that setting by letting him off with a warning because he is a football player?

these student athletes represent the university and should not be told that they are above the law.

the easy thing for the police officer to do would have been to let him go with a warning. right is right and wrong is wrong and the police officer did the right thing by arresting him.

kicking him off of the team might be a little harsh for a first time offense. this might have been the first time he got caught but i can almost guarentee that it is not the first time he ever got behind the wheel after drinking.

my opinion still remains the same but i will support what ever decisions that the coaching staff decide. i am sure that they have set consequenses for breaking team rules.

.....God damnit..... Tomerlin was picked up for a DUI. Not Solich esque, they just stopped him for changing lanes without signalling, and his bac was .011, which is pretty low, but come on man. Dont drink and drive! He was picked up a block from my apartment. He could have called me for christ sake and I would have came to pick him up.....so stupid...

What the f#*k is wrong with that f'ing cop - You don't ticket the football players if no ones phisically hurt - You can always let them off with a warning - What happened to the good ol' days - Cops are such jerkoffs now days.

So....let's say they let him off with a warning. Would you say that to the guy who downed a few beers and run the risk slaming into your family? Come on. That's a weak ass statement! So it's the cops fault he drank and got behind the wheel? I bet some of you didn't know about a common word in Law Enforcement called LIABLE. Say the officer again let's him go. The next time he kills someone. Intoxilizer reports are logged with the state. They see he blew a .11 the first time. Who do you think is going to come after that officer who let him go the first time? MADD, A victim's family, Discrict Attorney? You bet your sweet ass a witch hunt would be in full force! You think being a Police Officer now adays is easy? Try it for awhile and then get back to me.

PUNISHMENT?!?

Are you all crazy?

By doing this he has automatically become a phenomenal athlete...seems to happen around UNL all the time.

Law breaking = great career at Nebraska.

Go Tomerlin! ;):rolleyes:

Is it on the Extreme Sports and Poker Network yet? That would be fantastic!!!

:sarcasm:sarcasm:sarcasm:sarcasm:sarcasm:sarcasm:sarcasm