Members From Other Fanbases: What's YOUR Take?

IMO, had Riley come in and been honest from the jump, people would be more understanding. He came in talking about the talent. He came in here talking about being hired to win. he talked about using the running game. Using the players he had. He stated that he believes in tailoring the program to what you have on hand as it relates to scheme. He and his staff brought in like 800 years of coaching experience. Unfortunately, 9 games that appears to be nothing but coach speak and a prime example that quantity doesn't equal quality.

Had he come in and said that there will be some growing pains, that there will be some bumps in the road. A new staff getting to know the players and vice versa. That new schemes is not easy, at any level. to implement successfully in year one. That merging different systems is difficult at times. I think we would have been set up for what we have witnessed thus far and the back lash not so extreme.

The rest of the season with MSU and Iowa will be interesting. Riley was hired as he showed the ability to "win big" games. Hopefully this weekend is one of those.

I kinda figured this one out on my own...

Looking at coaching changes in general around college football, they don't always go well. Sometimes they go really well, Urban Meyer at OSU comes to mind. Sometimes it takes time to make it all work. As soon as Pelini was fired I knew we could be looking at any number of possibilities with a new coach.

Clemsoning and Texas a&ming, while it seems to happen every year, I'd probably be okay with it. u

If we want to be technical, Clemson has the 2nd longest winning streak over unranked teams in the nation. I don't think we've lost to a team ranked lower than us since 2011. So, the "Clemsoning" thing really doesn't hold much weight at this point.

That's the first time I've heard an actual Stat behind the word. My personal email definition is routinely having championship caliber players year after year, going 7 or 8 and 0 to start the year and getting in the MNC talk, and then sinking the ship by losing one or two games.

Matter of fact TAMU is doing it again this year, to a greater degree. They started out hot and everyone was talking, now they are terrible. #clemsoning

My understanding is that it has to do with losing to teams far inferior.