Over 500 kids take part in Husker Youth Experience

DaveH

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB...0&ATCLID=250738

The Nebraska football team saw their first action in full pads and helmets with a one-and-a-half hour practice on Saturday before playing host to 529 area youth as they hosted the Husker Youth Experience inside the Hawks Championship Center.

Great - Expose them to that atmosphere at an early age and show them with hard work you can run out that tunnel for real someday. :restore2

My two oldest boys attended, and loved it. I enjoyed it too. The best part was when the players assisted with "drills" that the kids ran. I think that some of the players had fun with it, too.

The kids were told that it would not be a time for autographs, but a few players hung around afterwards, and offered autographs. My kids got their shirts signed by Daniel Bullocks, and Tierre Green. Daniel and Titus Adams instructed the kids in some agility drills. Titus didn't have a marker or we would have gotten his signature. Very nice guys.

I was especially impressed that Tierre stayed after practice just to sign autographs. Very cool! :thumbs