Human Trafficking and the Super Bowl

Just because someone is of age doesn't mean they aren't still trapped.

I have no problem with the FBI essentially lumping the two categories together, because it's rare, at least in our country, that a woman can or would make an informed, self-respecting decision to be a prostitute. Totally possible, but if you keep them distinct you get thousands of women who aren't TECHNICALLY trapped, as in in a cage or having their life in imminent danger, but they are still literally trapped, either by being very practically stuck in their situation because their pimp has created a system of dependency, being drug-addicted, it's the only way they know to have a roof and food, or one of tons of other different scenarios.

I think legalizing prostitution is probably a pretty good idea, but it has to be done very carefully.

Not a fan of prostitution, legal or illegal. Society has to provide better options for women. They say, prostitution is inversely correlated to literacy. Education and economics.

I do not think it is a gender issue. I would be a prostitute if anyone would pay me. :P

What is the difference between a lawyer and a prostitute?

There are somethings a prostitute wont do with there mouths for money.

That they're is pretty funny. :lol:

"there". Dude, c'mon, yer better than that!

I was just completing the trifecta of their-there-they're homonym misuse in this thread. Take a look at the last several posts. :lol:

I see you have thought this out. Respek:

ed9550cd_respek_small.jpeg

I have no problem with the FBI essentially lumping the two categories together, because it's rare, at least in our country, that a woman can or would make an informed, self-respecting decision to be a prostitute. Totally possible, but if you keep them distinct you get thousands of women who aren't TECHNICALLY trapped, as in in a cage or having their life in imminent danger, but they are still literally trapped, either by being very practically stuck in their situation because their pimp has created a system of dependency, being drug-addicted, it's the only way they know to have a roof and food, or one of tons of other different scenarios.

I think legalizing prostitution is probably a pretty good idea, but it has to be done very carefully.

Not a fan of prostitution, legal or illegal. Society has to provide better options for women. They say, prostitution is inversely correlated to literacy. Education and economics.

:thumbs Agree wt this. As a society, lets give better options. Is that a 'values' statement, probably so & I claim it - but I don't think women should have to sell themselves to make a living.

:thumbs Agree wt this. As a society, lets give better options. Is that a 'values' statement, probably so & I claim it - but I don't think women should have to sell themselves to make a living.

Absolutely. Degrades men/women relationships also.