Shavon Shields Taken Off On a Stretcher

Mavric

Nebraska coach Tim Miles said senior forward Shavon Shields, who's missed three games because of a concussion, went through some of Friday's practice and hasn't been ruled out for Saturday's game against Ohio State at Pinnacle Bank Arena.

Miles told the Journal Star that he would meet with Shields again on Saturday before making any decisions.

LJS

Just watched the Shields fall. Definitely a scary moment. I wish I could post a video. There was a kid from UNC who had the exact same thing happen to him over the weekend against Miami. I would classify the other kids fall as being worse than Shields. That kid was able to walk away after a couple minutes and actually sat on the bench the second half.

Just crazy how 2 falls can result in two totally different outcomes for the player. Hopefully Shavon is getting close to being able to play but most importantly hopefully he is at full strength when he does get cleared.

If I knew how to post a Youtube video on here I would post one of the kid from UNC when he fell.