What NU used to be

lo country

I guess I'm through with the running QB who is injured half way through every season. Yeah, I want a good running game that includes the wingback type guys in it, even if it consists of screens and shovel passes. But without it, what do you do? Like it or not, with the QB's we have lined up we'll be mostly a passing team with fairly good scrambling QB's. We've been talking road graders for a long time but haven't been able to develop that.

​Don't think we'll see the dominant teams of the Osborne era because we're in a league with many mega-donor schools and they won't allow it.

​Still watching Craig Bohl at Wyoming who went 4-8,2-10, and now 8-4 and in the conference championship game ....previously he turned NDSU into a powerhouse. The next phase for him is also to beef up the defense that keeps giving up basketball scores.

​Next year for us looks like an 8 win season right now....that could go either way depending on how fast the underclassmen get going. THIS was the senior year and next year will be a lot of rebuilding......not necessarily a bad thing.

I'd like a return to the power run game. PA passing. A OL and DL that flat out beat your down.....Physical, technique and fundamental sound.....As far as a QB, if Langs stays, I'm good with a mobile QB. Not dual threat in that he won't carry 10+ times per game, but is capable to move in the pocket, scramble, avoid the sack through better awareness, BUT able to run enough to keep teams honest. IF Langs has a QB that can throw screens, hutches, quick outs, dump passes etc.....we can still use that passing game as an extension of the ruling game.....POB might be that guy. McSorley at PSU has rushed for almost 400 yards. (2.8/carry, but skewed by his 21 sacks......) Unsure if thats his lack of mobility or the OL play.....

I also remember Chip Kelly using a zone read game with the immobile Sam Bradford. Instead of the QB reading keep or hand off, he read hand off to RB or dump to the hot receiver read...... Maybe even these type RPO. Instead of the QB keeper, hand off or dump. I complained about Fyfe getting the nod for Maryland. Thought he'd stink. He didn't. BUT Langs called a great game to minimize mistakes and maximize his efficiency... Throw in those shorter quick routes with a power run game predicated on draws, counters, traps etc and we have a winner IMO.....