How Your Federal Tax Dollars Are Spent

Hint: it won't.

j6ZBj.gif?noredirect

What about our current political client makes you think the politicians won't get paid off by the nickel industry to not do this?

Just being realistic. The merit of an idea no longer matters to the people in charge.

Oh, I agree. Just being sad about it.

McCain has one thing on his side, though. The way they are proposing to make the Nickel cheaper is to increase the Copper core from 75% to 80%. So now he has the Copper Industry on his side. :dunno

I know basic math. My comment was....do you use normal math to round up or down? Or, do you always round up? Always round down????

The answer to that will affect how something is priced.

Well, in any financial calculations you typically round to the nearest one-hundreth of a dollar. You would just change that to the nearest 5-hundredth of a dollar. going to a tenth of a dollar would make more sense to me, but... baby steps.

Here's a graphic that illustrates the purchasing power of the US Dollar from 1913-2013. I don't understand the factors that cause or affect inflation, but it is interesting to see.

USD_PP1.png

Doing the math, in 1913 our lowest denomination paper note, ($1) was worth the equivalent of a $20 today. Our lowest denomination coin at that time (1 cent) would be the equivalent of 20 cents today.

In 1971 our lowest denomination ($1) was worth about $5 today. Our lowest denomination coin (1 cent) would be the equivalent of a Nickel today.

The COINS act would essentially correct our currency system for inflation back 45 years or so.

• Fire 1

Wallet makers may have a hard time with #3. But in good old fashion govt tradition, we will subsidize all wallet makers to retool from long dollar bill holding styles to coin holding types. Of course we will need to study this important issue. Have hearings on the cost of leather and invite leather, paper and wallet lobbyists to educate law makers on the issue over caviar and steak. This will take 3 years to get through the republican controlled congress - which cannot agree on repealing the existing dollar note legislature, modifying it, or keeping it in its current form in fear of losing their caviar and steak dinners. Meanwhile education will be cut by 5% due to the rise in the cost of paper. Healthcare will still linger as the congress weighs this important wallet decision. Congress has to keep it priorities in order, you know. Oh, forgot to mention, Putin who just addressed a joint session of Congress on the invite of Pres Trump, purchased stock in Russian leather and paper companies which received a special import exemption from President Trump :facepalm:

You forgot to mention the required public debate on whether inflation actually exists, or whether it is simply a leftist construct with the agenda of having government spend more.