Corn Nation - Frost Focus: Greek Tragedy

WyoHusker56

Sorry if this was posted somewhere else already, I just haven't seen it yet.

This article goes into great depth on the game on Saturday. I think Frost was a bit out coached because he didn't have a game plan for what Troy did or a quarterback to run his offense and the oline performed poorly. This makes it sound like he tried to make adjustments, but Bunch and the oline couldn't perform those effectively enough to make Troy account for it. That's not to say that Frost will always be out coached or that the Troy coach is a better coach. It just seems like they came in with a game plan to disrupt Frost's offense and did so effectively and we couldn't adjust enough due to player performance to compensate.

....and here's the link to the referenced article  https://www.cornnation.com/2018/9/19/17866766/frost-focus-greek-tragedy-trojans-huskers-nebraska-troy-football

I pretty much agree with the premise of the article. We became/become a one-trick or no trick pony with AB at QB. And Troy may have exploited our one dimensional game plan but I don't think our OL was quite as bad as it first appears. Sure they had some obvious problems but I noticed a ton of perimeter blocking issues that prevented us from gaining the corner or being capable of doing anything outside the tackles. My feeling is our TE's and WR's had a worse blocking game then the interior linemen did. I have trouble placing all the blame on our OL who looked lightyears better against CU than they have in a very long time. Of course none of it is helped in this system when the QB is not a running threat and the coaches aren't comfortable enough with him to turn to page 2 of the playbook.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

....and here's the link to the referenced article  https://www.cornnation.com/2018/9/19/17866766/frost-focus-greek-tragedy-trojans-huskers-nebraska-troy-football

I pretty much agree with the premise of the article. We became/become a one-trick or no trick pony with AB at QB. And Troy may have exploited our one dimensional game plan but I don't think our OL was quite as bad as it first appears. Sure they had some obvious problems but I noticed a ton of perimeter blocking issues that prevented us from gaining the corner or being capable of doing anything outside the tackles. My feeling is our TE's and WR's had a worse blocking game then the interior linemen did. I have trouble placing all the blame on our OL who looked lightyears better against CU than they have in a very long time. Of course none of it is helped in this system when the QB is not a running threat and the coaches aren't comfortable enough with him to turn to page 2 of the playbook.

Ha, failure on my part for this one.