SHOULDER SURGERY

So I've had some shoulder problems for about 5 years now. So finally I decided to go to the doctor and he said I should probably get an MRI done. So I got the MRI done after having some dye injected into my shoulder joints which by the wait hurt like a bitch!!! And both of my shoulders now need surgery!!! I have a torn labrum in each shoulder which is very common injury I guess. It's the cartilidge around the round bone (humerus) in your shoulder. It helps add stability to your shoulder. I can of course only do one shoulder at a time but I'm wondering if anyone on the board here has had shoulder surgery and what your personal experience was with the whole process. I go for surgery July 20th on my left shoulder. I am about 5'8" and about 6 months ago I weighed 190. Well my shoulders have gotten so bad that I can no longer lift weights and I'm now down to 165. A year ago at this time I was benching 300 lbs. and now can only do about 210 so anyone with any experience in this area would be greatly appreciated I'm pretty worried about it. Sorry for the novel!!! :lol:

IMPORTANT:

Find out all you can about the surgeon doing the procedure. Ask your fellow officers and friends about any surgeons they know or recommend. Agree to having aggressive rehab to help keep complete ROM (range of motion). It's gonna hurt. Try not to take to much pain meds. If you find you have to take a lot of meds take a stool softener also so you don't get constipated and impacted(way too much fun). Alternating heat and cold on the joint post op is helpful also. In general follow your physicians instructions and let them know if there are any problems immediately.

Good Luck