Sign in to follow this  
Mavric

2019 PGA Tour

My brother and I went to the 2009 US Open at Bethpage.  Will be fun to watch one on TV after having walked the course for four days.

Future of golf? Why this week’s 8,000-yard course boasts a 773-yard par 5

This is the debut of the TPC Colorado Championship at Heron Lakes, a new event with a new host course in the Heron Lakes development in the town of Berthoud, Colo. The first hole is a 635-yard par-5, and it’s still a full shot shorter than the par-5 13th, which clocks in at 773 yards. “Longer Still,” the hole is called. That seems appropriate.

The tee shot on No. 13 is wide open, allowing players to swing away. On their second shots, they’ll be challenged by a “Hell Bunker” or forced to lay up to 200 yards, according to the course guide. Frankly, laying up to 200 yards on a 773-yard hole sounds like a heck of an accomplishment. But for these young bombers, no hole — or course — seems to be long enough.

22 hours ago, Mavric said:

Saw an post/poll on Instagram "how are you playing it...?" my answer was driver (tee it up again) driver (tee it up once more) driver and hope to end up somewhere within a wedge of the green...putting for bogey baby :horns2