I’ve never tried making wine. I think it is easier than brewing beer....but IDK.

Its funny that your first batch is rhubarb wine. Back when I was a kid, my dad made a couple batches of wine and rhubarb was his first attempt also. His second batch was dandelion wine.

13 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I’ve never tried making wine. I think it is easier than brewing beer....but IDK.

Its funny that your first batch is rhubarb wine. Back when I was a kid, my dad made a couple batches of wine and rhubarb was his first attempt also. His second batch was dandelion wine.

Well, rhubarb is what I have in the back yard.  Well....I have dandelions too, but I tasted dandelion wine once and wasn't impressed.

So, rhubarb is the ingredient of choice.  I might try wild plums in the future.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well, rhubarb is what I have in the back yard.  Well....I have dandelions too, but I tasted dandelion wine once and wasn't impressed.

So, rhubarb is the ingredient of choice.  I might try wild plums in the future.

I miss having rhubarb growing in the backyard. Always had that in Nebraska. I've tried to grow it here but it's just too dry or the wrong soil type and it hasn't worked. When I was a kid we'd just break off a stalk, wipe it on our shirt and eat it raw. Put sour patch kids to shame :lol: