Pelini Read

Guest RockyMtnSooner

Unfortunately, there is a business side of college football. I have to wonder why Pelini wasn't put on a 1 year contract? Maybe he only agreed to a 3 year contract. Let me put a POSITIVE twist on this... Did our defense gain anything from Pelini that they will use in the future? And how sweet will it be when we beat OU knowing we are still paying Pelini. Don't get me wrong, I am no fan of S.P., but the fact remains (if we must) that Pelini would have only stayed if he was hired as head coach. I doubt seriously that he would have stayed even if he were offered the the D.C. job and more money. The bottom line is that he is a Sooner now and I want to beat his Ass just like all the other Sooners.

Guest RockyMtnSooner
? And how sweet will it be when we beat OU knowing we are still paying Pelini.

I think it would have been better for NU to have to play at OU this year and probably lose and then get OU in Lincoln after you guys have a year in the new system. Instead, IMO we will win in Lincoln this season as you adjust and then the next season, you have to play in Norman. I'll equate this to OU beating NU in 2000 in Norman in Stoops's second year. If the game were in Norman in 1999, OU wouldn't have been ready for NU even at home during Stoops's first year. Just like I feel NU won't have had enough time to learn Call's system this year to beat OU.

Just my opinion, my wife doesn't listen to it, you don't have to either. :)

I mean no disrespect rocky as you have always been very cool in this board. HOWEVER, I am an old school guy who knows the "pre-big 12" rivalry all too well. I am a true NU fan and also a football coach, so I always believe my team will win. Are the odds against us... you better believe it! But I always believe we will win, and if I had to pick one game that I would want NU to win all season, it would be against OU. You are right though, it seems we are still building our engine while OU is simply tuning up theirs. It will be tough, but anything is possible and that's why we play the game. Also, I could be wrong but I think we are in Norman this year. Thanks for the good input.

Guest RockyMtnSooner
, I could be wrong but I think we are in Norman this year

You're right. I really think that works out best for you. Not saying NU doesn't have a chance this season, but '05 is a much better chance and you get the game in Lincoln.

Good discussion...

Rocky makes a good point. It will be good, in fact very good, for Nebraska to win all there games at home this year. Support for Callahan is one thing. NU has got a pud home schedule this year. They cannot lose, especially after KST game last year.

I think because of the offense, Nebraska has a chance in Norman. The West Coast is going to be tricky this year. In some games if the defenses don't adjust properly, NU is going to put up some major yards. But a team like OU has got the athletes, plus the coaches and could easily squash NU.

What I saw early in the scrimmage last week was the defense almost caught off guard by the run. Ross has made some phenominal cut backs to spring himself loose for a couple 50 yarders.

I could see NU putting up 600 yards of offense against a team like W. Illinois possible even Mizzou. Ever play the offense keeps dumping it off for a 5 yrd here and a six yrd there. That can wear you out just as much as the run. But as for a OU or Texas way too early to tell.