A Starting Point

Chris Evans (yes, Captain America) just helped to launch a new political information website: https://www.astartingpoint.com/. The website describes itself as:

A Starting Point is a video-based civic engagement platform created by Chris Evans, Mark Kassen, and technology entrepreneur Joe Kiani. ASP’s mission is to create a bipartisan channel of communication and connectivity between Americans and their elected officials with the goal of creating a more informed electorate.

The rub with it is you get elected officials on camera for a question and a 1-2 minute response, and it's posed almost as a debate of sorts. I've had my eye on it for awhile now, and it looks pretty promising in terms of helping to get information out without the biases of other websites and news organizations. It's got a cool, simple layout and premise: get three members of each party on video and record discussing the issues (straight from the horse's mouth, as you would). I enjoy the Counterpoints section the most thus far: you get one Dem and one Repub to discuss an issue in short, digestible clips. 

• Plus1 2
  • 3 months later...