Breaking News!!!

Your assumptions are somewhat correct. But stating it has nothing to do with the University and program is totally incorrect. We are already hearing it.

The win at all cost stero type is the problem. It will be associated with BC forever over this. Not something he expected I am sure. College football is different than pro ball. I do not think he realized how this would turn out or maybe not to the level it will go.

Giving a kid a second chance is fine. We have done it many times. LP and JR, Peter are just a few that I can remember. But the press will run with this every single opportunity they get. Does the University need this is the question.

It took a big man to accept the responsiblity for this. I admire BC for having the courage to do it. I may not agree with it but I understand. I hope it was for the giving the kid a second chance and not the need for a quality player with baggage. I hope Culbert realizes the situation BC has put himself in. I hope he becomes an asset to the program. But the damage is done and it will resonate for quite awhile no matter the turn out of the player. The program/university will be soiled in the eyes of the fans/media ans some major boosters.

I have had several conversations with boosters in California and Texas and most were against this happening. All think BC is a great coach, but just did not feel we needed the bad publicity that comes with this kid.

I will support BC because of my strong support for him from day one. I just understand that this has made his job much tougher now and down the road.

You can believe what you want and I will believe what I want. In your mind I may be incorrect, In my mind I am not. I don't give a rats ass what other people will try to make of this. Anyone that says anything other than the TRUTH which is we gave a young man a second chance is not worth listening to. I am sure you would not make a business decision based solely on public opinion.

Could you let us know How, if this kid does what he is supposed to do, it is going to hurt the university. I am not concerned with "the win at all cost" tag for a few reasons. Didn't the University have guidelines as to what type of people including criminal record we can recruit and offer a free education. If so, were those guidelines followed and if they were how is this BC or anyone elses problem.

Will we lose any funding over this? I doubt it. i am not talking about booster donations. A booster can do what he/she wants to with their money. Should a booster have a say in how the program is run. In my opinion that would be no, but we all know that is not the case.

You say you do not want a win at all cost tag stuck on the university. lets look at that. Steve Pederson has made some pretty controversial decisions and I do not agree with all of them. we were raked over the coals for firing a coach whose team won 10 games, the long drawn out secret hiring process, the game with Houston just to name a few. Did you raise hell about how we would look when these decisions were made.

I personaly would rather make a mistake on giving a kid a chance and being proven wrong then to not give him the chance and find out that we could have helped him. I feel it is better try and fail then not try at all.