Rhett Bomar

USCfan

Ok let's admit it......we all love to laugh at Oklahoma...haha

I don't feel a 100% sadness that Rhett Bomar is gone. That just makes it easier for other teams to beat OU. :cheers

There was a pretty sarcastic article on collegefootballnews.com about Barry Switzer and them good old days at Oklahoma in the 1980's with drugs and rampant NCAA violations everywhere...

I am not going to get that bold but I have read a few articles about this car dealer in Norman and OU football players and it looks like they finally got caught. It's too bad, alot of this kind of stuff goes on in college football.

Not crying alot OU got caught though.... :worship

Well I am not going to bother you guys much longer you don't need some USC fan on your site.... :cheers

72.jpg

It is life in college football. I am not going to criticize because so far I haven't gotten a full accounting about what the husker players did over the summer. Call me cynical but this stuff goes on all the time. OU is playing damage control by kick their starting QB off the team. Good for them. They will parlay that into a recruiting advantage in subsequent years.

I agree we all love to laugh at OU but this isn't happening just at OU. It's happening in a lot of schools and I won't exclude Nebraska from that list. If any NU fan doesn't think that one of our former or current players has ever taken money or other types of gifts from boosters or other sources, then they need a reality check. Like pigs said,

it happens everywhere. dont kid yourselves.

A lot of the fans here in Oklahoma are extremly pleased with Stoops' handling of the situation. They realize their season is in jeapordy (I don't think nearly as much as they want to think) but they would rather be known as a school/institution with high values and moral standards and put the days of old behind them.

There's a lot of confusion here in Oklahoma right now; how will OK do? will the NCAA come in? What can they do to us? There's definitely some uncertainity here around Norman.

A lot of the fans here in Oklahoma are extremly pleased with Stoops' handling of the situation. They realize their season is in jeapordy (I don't think nearly as much as they want to think) but they would rather be known as a school/institution with high values and moral standards and put the days of old behind them.

There's a lot of confusion here in Oklahoma right now; how will OK do? will the NCAA come in? What can they do to us? There's definitely some uncertainity here around Norman.

I think the NCAA will let it stand.

The sooners kicked the violators off of the team, including a highly rated QB. I don't think the NCAA will do anything more other than rubberstamp what the sooners have already done.

It dont hurt my feelings. These arrogant sob's are absolute hell to deal with day in and out. I dont think that everyone truly understands the disdain they have for Nebraska until they are around here long enough to experience it first hand.

Stoops has covered many things up that localy get reported but nationaly dont. It was bound to get him sooner or later.

A lot of the fans here in Oklahoma are extremly pleased with Stoops' handling of the situation.  They realize their season is in jeapordy (I don't think nearly as much as they want to think) but they would rather be known as a school/institution with high values and moral standards and put the days of old behind them. 

There's a lot of confusion here in Oklahoma right now; how will OK do?  will the NCAA come in?  What can they do to us?  There's definitely some uncertainity here around Norman.

I think the NCAA will let it stand.

The sooners kicked the violators off of the team, including a highly rated QB. I don't think the NCAA will do anything more other than rubberstamp what the sooners have already done.

I think they'll come in and take a look at things.

From today's Daily Oklahoman:

NORMAN - NCAA investigators have not yet descended upon the University of Oklahoma. But past precedent - and Oklahoma’s recent past - suggests they’ll soon be on their way.

According to the former chairman of the NCAA’s Committee on Infractions, the dreaded label “lack of institutional control” might not be far behind.

Rhett Bomar and J.D. Quinn were dismissed from the football team Wednesday after a school investigation revealed they had been paid for hours they did not work at a Norman car dealership.

OU officials reiterated Thursday they do not expect to find any other NCAA rules violations. Even so, the actions of Bomar and Quinn could prove severely damaging to the OU athletic department.

The school is already serving a two-year probation for major rules violations in the men’s basketball and gymnastics programs. Now, OU is preparing a report on more major violations.

“You could have a possible ‘lack of institutional control,’” said OU law professor David Swank, the former chairman of the Committee on Infractions. “Because three programs are involved in violations, and the committee might say, ‘How could it occur?’ That would be one question the NCAA would ask.”

Although OU officials would not discuss the timeline, multiple sources said the violations occurred last fall, during football season. Bomar started 11 games and played in 12. Quinn started four games and played in 11.

Could any or all of OU’s eight victories be forfeited?

“That question has been raised, but we don’t have an answer to that yet,” OU athletic director Joe Castiglione said. “I’m not sure that it’s applicable at this point.”

NCAA officials, including Committee on Infractions chairman Thomas Yeager, did not return phone calls Thursday. But the Committee on Infractions sided with OU in the recent case involving men’s basketball, saying a “lack of institutional control” was not warranted in the recent case involving men’s basketball.

During a teleconference last May, Yeager noted, “when you find ‘lack of institutional control,’ you find some widespread system breakdown.” The infractions committee instead ruled OU had been guilty of the lesser “failure to monitor,” reasoning the failure of the OU compliance program in regard to men’s basketball “does not imply widespread problems throughout the entire athletic program.”

Thursday, Castiglione defended the school’s compliance department, noting it was responsible for unearthing the violations committed by Bomar and Quinn. And Castiglione also said the compliance department had not been lax in monitoring employment of OU athletes.

“We have many procedures in place,” Castiglione said. “We feel like they’re working well.”

Castiglione said OU officials knew of Bomar’s and Quinn’s initial employment with Big Red Sports and Imports, but were unaware the players were working (or not working) there last fall, during the football season.

Swank suggested OU is not in danger of being tagged a “repeat violator,” a determination that could trigger more severe penalties.

According to the NCAA manual, “repeat violator” status is triggered by a major rules violation “within five years of the starting date of a major penalty.” Swank said OU would not be eligible to be declared a “repeat violator” because the rules violations committed by Bomar and Quinn took place last fall, before OU was placed on probation.

Swank also said OU’s internal investigation could play a mitigating role when the NCAA considered potential penalties.

“That would always be a great help, that the university dug it up and found it as a result of its compliance program,” Swank said. “Violations occur. You do everything to try to prevent them and they occur. But if you’re proactive in the details and (in) reporting it (to the NCAA), they would always look at the action the university took and respond to it.”

There was a caller on the radio early here in OKC who claimed he learned an article was going to be posted on the Houston Chronicles website tomorrow and in it, would be details about how OU accused Texas of asking it's female student body to offer sexual favors to recruits in return for some housing allowance/assistance and this Bomar thing was started by Texas as a retaliatory event. When the radio station called the writer (who is a legit writer with the Houston Chronicle) he laughed and said "How am I supposed to write that when I'm not even at work?" Apparently he had no clue about this supposed article and was at some college covering practices.

Let the spin-meisting begin :wacko:

AR...I agree. The media seems to be anti-Nebraska most of the time. :bang:bang