Are You (Yes YOU) Suffering from S.H.A.M.E.S - Poll

TGHusker

S.H.A.M.E.S Quiz  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Are you suffering from Symptomatic Husker Altered Mind Syndrome?  S.H.A.M.E.S  - International symbol:  :facepalm:

All across Husker Land a mysterious illness is sweeping into small towns, big cities, farms and communal living hide outs.  The symptoms are pretty much the same with

slight variances based on age, location, and if one's favorite pro football team or local high school team is doing well. 

These are the common symptoms.  You may have S.H.A.M.E.S if you have 2 or more of these symptoms: 
1.  Binge Drinking of Kool Aid:koolaid2:

2. Whiplash fatigue  :nutz

3.  Gullibility  (See #1 above):worship

4.  Momentary insanity caused by sudden acute anger:HotTake: whereby nothing in your hands is safe: your drink :waste, the TV remote, the computer:throw   It has been known that momentary insanity is caused

by 7 yard punts, fumbles on potential game winning drives, untimely penalties, missed FG/PA and generally bad coaching:zoom.  

5. UHEE: Unusually High Elevated Expectations: this a a delusional  symptom caused by being old enough to remember the 1990s or being told over and over about the 1990s.:blink:s

6.  Arrogance  & dreams of grandeur - :smokin(see #5)

7. Cycles of  Elevated Highs -  :clap(see # 1 & 5 above)to Depressing lows :crycaused by 5 losing seasons in a row wtout a bowl game, no division championships in 10 years, no conf championships in 22 years, no NC in 23 years

8  Alternating Cycles of caring to much :restoreand apathy :dunno

9. You change the subject or pull Husker History Facts out of the air when discussing a possible need for a coaching change :movegoalpost::goalposts:

10.  You are generally surprised :eek:that Husker nation hasn't won a conference championship under Scott Frost yet. 

11. The same old movie  the same old song is playing in your head :violin

Possible Treatment Plans:

1.  12 Step program

2. 5 Stages of Grief Counseling

3. Reality Counseling

4. Cold Turkey Rehab - far away from any source of Husker information

5.  Your Treatment Plan?????

Sometimes a little :laughpoundis needed to keep us from :cry.      Remember it is just a game.  The sun will rise in the east in the morning and still set in the west in the evening.  

Regardless of what the Huskers have done, are doing or will do in the future, the world is still spinning, family is still primary, and you are loved.  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, hagg said:

So the water down in Tulsa is still not being filtered and treated properly I gather. 

No not so well.  I think that 2019 flood has something to do with it.  

Hey, a little lightness & a reality check after yesterday's game is my tonic :wastefor today.  

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

No not so well.  I think that 2019 flood has something to do with it.  

Hey, a little lightness & a reality check after yesterday's game is my tonic :wastefor today.  

I know what you mean.  Many posts here seem to enjoy that dynamic.