Zac Taylor as Heisman Candidate

zoogs

[link]

Zac Taylor is #24 on this list of Heisman candidates, a list which runs 100 deep. He's in front of Rhett Bomar (before he transferred), Drew Weatherford, Kyle Wright, Erik Ainge... Who knows? It's possible. With wins against USC and Texas, I think he'll be guaranteed a top five. He could even win the whole thing. In fact, I think he should.

24. QB Zac Taylor, Nebraska – The light went on for Taylor and the rest of the Husker offense late last season, portending really big things in 2006.  In just over a year, he’s come a long way in the West Coast offense, and Nebraska now has the supporting cast at the skill positions to catapult him into national prominence. 

:restore

Don't get ahead of yourself. I think Zac is an amazing QB and I bleed Husker red but I also what is a far stretch. I think Zac is defiatnly a top 20 player in the country and we have a legit shot at USC and Texas, however I don't see him winning the Hiesman trophy simply because of the talent of other players, namely one player in our own conference... Adrian Peterson.

At the end of the year I do see Zac as being first team all Big 12

Well, it's all about winning games, isn't it? As talented as Adrian Peterson is, he's a junior, I believe, and OU will probably drop a game or two this year. If we manage to go undefeated in the regular season - and that is a HUGE IF (I don't think we will) - but just supposing we do, I think Zac Taylor gets a great shot at the Heisman.

Otherwise, he'll be off the top 10 radar.

**edit** I forgot Adrian Peterson isn't going to come back.

sorry guys.......we all think the world of Zac.......BUT unless Brady Quinn gets hurt, he is the Heisman qb to beat this year......everyone knows ND gets coverage like none other.....Zac would have to beat his numbers to have a shot...not likely, we still have an unproven O line.....and less than stellar receivers.....he would need lots of help to get those numbers.....but he is still going to have a good year

hunter

sorry guys.......we all think the world of Zac.......BUT unless Brady Quinn gets hurt, he is the Heisman qb to beat this year......everyone knows ND gets coverage like none other.....Zac would have to beat his numbers to have a shot...not likely, we still have an unproven O line.....and less than stellar receivers.....he would need lots of help to get those numbers.....but he is still going to have a good year

Brady Quinn will lose three-four games this year :) If he doesn't, look out.

For this to happen, we are going have to earn the respect back from the rest of the nation. They don't look at Nebraska as they did 10-15 years ago. We are going to have to have a BCS game or two before we talk about Heisman awards and things of that nature. That is just my opinion.

Brady Quinn will lose three-four games this year :) If he doesn't, look out.

ND's piss poor defense may lose a couple games, but Quinn will be a force and one of the Heisman favorites....unfortunately

hunter