The LaTech defense - just what the doctor ordered?

Just 2 starters back on defense for LaTech. Only 1 starter back in their front seven.

http://www.sacbee.com/24hour/sports/footba...-12340901c.html

With all of the talent in the backfield, the improved O-Line, and the offseason emphasis on the running game, the Huskers may be in a position to enjoy a nice opening day with their rushing attack.

My question to you - will we gain 250 yards rushing against LaTech? If not 250, then at least 200?

If one of the backs stands out in this game, how much emphasis can we place on this performance against a relatively "green" defense?

The floor is yours. It's time to make your case.

Just 2 starters back on defense for LaTech. Only 1 starter back in their front seven.

http://www.sacbee.com/24hour/sports/footba...-12340901c.html

With all of the talent in the backfield, the improved O-Line, and the offseason emphasis on the running game, the Huskers may be in a position to enjoy a nice opening day with their rushing attack.

My question to you - will we gain 250 yards rushing against LaTech? If not 250, then at least 200?

If one of the backs stands out in this game, how much emphasis can we place on this performance against a relatively "green" defense?

The floor is yours. It's time to make your case.

That's why there scheduled :clap:clap:rollin:rollin:restore:restore:restore

I think our rushing totals will have a lot to do with the amount of points that this team can put up in the first half. If we are up by 20 or so points at half or midway through the third quarter then we will just run the ball with the idea of running the clock and keeping people healthy. However, if we are having trouble scoring like in the Maine game last year, then we might be throwing the ball just a little bit more than what we really want to.

I think we'll top 150 yards rushing, 200 may be a little optimistic for our first game. I think one of our backs struggling would set of more alarms than one of our backs standing out here...

With focusing on the running game this year, a much more physical camp, and quotes from players like, "The O-line is way ahead of last year.... Playing together well... Dragging guys into the end zone, etc etc..." leads me to believe we're going to have big(ger) day in the running game vs. La Tech.

200 is quite do-able... Maybe even 3 hundy. :woo

Call it wanton enthusiasm, but I think we'll see some good ol' 40+yard runs from our Bevy of Backs...

Let's see... Hungry offense at home vs visiting green defense...

Anyone else excited??? :box:cheers